Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

Rick Denham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

Bit of a destination wedding for me.
B+G were from Toronto, so they brought me down to shoot.
Absolutely gorgeous place.
We started out with a sunset cruise Friday night.
Then the wedding Sunday at harbor View in Edgartown, Ma.

I know there's a lot, but feel free to c+c

l
l
l
V

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

I dug your sunset pictures from the day before the wedding. I wish you'd had that kind of light available for the whole wedding.

Aug 10, 2013 at 09:47 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

I dug your sunset pictures from the day before the wedding. I wish you'd had that kind of light available for the whole wedding.

Aug 10, 2013 at 09:47 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

Rick, I always enjoy your work, and this is some of your best stuff. Really enjoyed it. One comment, though. On 50, I would have brought the couple up much closer to the camera and still got the wide shot of the venue. Then I would have kept them there and brought in the entire group spread out around them so the people would have been more featured in the shot. As it is now, you need a magnifying glass to see them even if printed large.

But lots of really good shots here. You managed the direct light portraits really well.

Aug 11, 2013 at 06:00 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

I think this falls into the category where I'd normally just say it looks great as there's waaay too many to crit meaningfully.

In the spirit of getting better at crits on the board though I'm going to pick some out for you pretty much at random...

Really like the light and the pose in this one. Nice to be able to get some much of the boat trip and it looks like you managed to bond with the wedding party before the day. The only thing which bothers me with this one is the hair across the cheek. Might be worth cloning it out as it should be fairly simple.

Would have liked to see more light on his their faces in this one and maybe a bit more interaction from him.

Really nice idea this one however it doesn't quite work for me as the girl in focus is also the one in shadow. Do you have a version with the girl in the light also in focus?

Really nice image of the girls. Love the negative space. Really would have loved a bit more light on the brides face though. Maybe a hint of flash?

While I appreciate the composition of this one the pose really doesn't do it for me. Kinda looks like she's really into him and he's just standing there going "what?". Maybe next time take his hands out of his pockets and put them onto her. Try and see if you can get a real reaction out of him.

Hope that helps at least a bit

Alex

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rick Denham
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

thanks for the c+c guys and gals

Aug 12, 2013 at 08:24 PM
jbrandt378
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

I think you killed it. I really like your colors, especially during rough lighting at best (on the boat). I'm wondering why you went in a different direction with the ceremony shots? I get the background was going to be totally blown no matter what, but you could have brought some contrast back and upped the blacks if you wanted to. As they are, they look good but I'm not sure if they feel the same as the rest of the set.

So if you want to share I'd love to hear.

Great job.

Jason

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
photosymbol
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

I think it's a solid set for the most part. Except for the blue water enhancements. The gazebo shot, while lit well has them in weird poses, i would have used the open entrance with them instead.

Welcome to Massachusetts, even if for a short while!

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Rick Denham
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

friscoron wrote:
One comment, though. On 50, I would have brought the couple up much closer to the camera and still got the wide shot of the venue. Then I would have kept them there and brought in the entire group spread out around them so the people would have been more featured in the shot. As it is now, you need a magnifying glass to see them even if printed large.

I do have a whole mess of others with the family like that, and spread out on the porch, but I did keep the b+g where they are. great point for next time, thanks Ron

ai3x wrote:
In the spirit of getting better at crits on the board though I'm going to pick some out for you pretty much at random...

Alex

Alex, thanks a bunch, i love c+c so here's my response to yours.
1. i don't like clonely, I like pj so hence the hair
2. totally random shot, wasn't ready and with the sun behind and assistant in the lieu i was dead in the water
3. sorry man, i don't bc the girl in focus is the bride, and is also in a mirror
4. again, damn back light and lack of assistant
5. they were lawyers, i am surprised they smiled at all

again thanks for the c+c

jbrandt378 wrote:
I think you killed it. I really like your colors, especially during rough lighting at best (on the boat). I'm wondering why you went in a different direction with the ceremony shots? I get the background was going to be totally blown no matter what, but you could have brought some contrast back and upped the blacks if you wanted to. As they are, they look good but I'm not sure if they feel the same as the rest of the set.

So if you want to share I'd love to hear.

Great job.

Jason

cloudy and rain during the ceremony. sun didn't break until after they were done. i totally understand your point though.

photosymbol wrote:
I think it's a solid set for the most part. Except for the blue water enhancements. The gazebo shot, while lit well has them in weird poses, i would have used the open entrance with them instead.

Welcome to Massachusetts, even if for a short while!

Yeah i was all over the map with my blues, so damn hard shooting into the light, with the light, beside the light. as for the gazeebo, i would have needed to elevate myself to get over the railing to shoot them in the entrance, and with that not sure where i would have been able to set up my light. thanks though for the c+c, boston was amazing, need to come back.

Aug 14, 2013 at 01:25 AM
Rockadeur

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · caitlin + glenn ~ martha's vineyard

Love the 2nd two images the best, but I do love your B&W ones. However, I felt that you could have let the food photography be colour

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password