Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shot from Central Park NY

http://alexweddings.com/lena/lena4.jpg

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Jeff Simpson
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shot from Central Park NY

I like it. Perhaps if they were positioned better, maybe between the columns, it would be more appealing. And remove the sunlight spot on her shoulder, I saw that right away. Fist looks awkward too, but that's a small thing.

Aug 09, 2013 at 12:08 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shot from Central Park NY

Hi Kino,

Nice. You didn't say whether you wanted crit or not. If you don't stop reading now!

So firstly really nice location, concept and composition. You can't underestimate the importance of those and you did well.

Secondly I'm drawn to light and the first thing I noticed was the hot spots on her shoulder and forehead. The ones on her dress look good but I'd loose the ones on skin.

Thirdly, and this is the big one, it all looks a touch dead to me. There are a few things which are causing it and they're not that hard to rectify. Firstly the posing. You have a pose down but now you really need an emotion. Try getting them to laugh or emote in some other form. At the moment they're both looking deadpan into the camera. Another thing they're lacking is any spark in the eyes. This is a touch harder to solve in a nice way. A big white/gold reflector should do the trick or a little bit of flash thrown directly into their eyes. You're looking to create a big catchlight. If all else fails you could approximate this in photoshop. The last part of this is the editing. His skin looks really grey with pretty big purple bags under his eyes. You can probably fix all of that in post.

Hope that's all useful. I'd say you're 85% of the way towards a really great image.

Aug 09, 2013 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.