New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Alyssa's gym shoot

basehorhonda
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alyssa's gym shoot

I have shot this girl a few times over the past few years. Both as portraits and on the court. She wanted a few photos with some of her sports gear, so to the gym we went. I usually dont do mini photoshoots, but we were able to get in and out in the 30 minutes that she was able to get away and do some photos.

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:28 AM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alyssa's gym shoot

Just a couple more

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:29 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alyssa's gym shoot

May be your style, but the white balance is all over the place in these and I don't see that tilting the camera on 5 and 7 added anything to the compositions. The lighting seems a little contrasty. All that being said, No. 2 is my pick.
Douglas

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:38 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alyssa's gym shoot

douter wrote:
May be your style, but the white balance is all over the place in these and I don't see that tilting the camera on 5 and 7 added anything to the compositions. The lighting seems a little contrasty. All that being said, No. 2 is my pick.
Douglas

I have to agree. The WB is distracting. Jim

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alyssa's gym shoot

not gonna beat a dead horse so I wont talke about WB. I will however say I think 5 is the winner for me with 7 coming in close second. The rest dont work for me.

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:15 AM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alyssa's gym shoot

not gonna beat a dead horse so I wont talke about WB. I will however say I think 5 is the winner for me with 7 coming in close second. The rest dont work for me.

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:22 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Alyssa's gym shoot

I'm sorry but these are just not working.

First I would have had her wearing her kit and do the shoot that way, I would have liked a few more serious facial expressions from her instead of the smile.

As other mentioned Wb is all over the shop, pick one and stick with it for the entire shoot.

The lighting on her is way too harsh and why are you shooting at such small apertures? By the focal length it looks like you were maybe shooting with a 70-200mm f2.8, I would have shot it at f3.5 to f4. Did you light it with a bare flash? I just think it needs to be softer on her.

5 is the only one I would keep but I would tone down the bright lockers where the flash has hit it, ideally you would want the flash light to fall off quickly and not spill on the background.

Sorry to be blunt but these could have been much better.

Regards
Bud

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:13 AM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Alyssa's gym shoot

5&7 are the clear winners for me.

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:07 AM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Alyssa's gym shoot

What's with the shoes? They are just shoes, not really fascinating to me. Seems a bit cheesey sorry.

Aug 09, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Alyssa's gym shoot

I would try to match the lighting in #5 because that is only good lighting for the bunch.
Quality over quantity. #5 has something the rest lack -- the near-perfect use of warm lighting and her eyes. If nothing else try to duplicate this in the others. I would also try to find better angles for about half these photos.

Aug 09, 2013 at 03:20 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Alyssa's gym shoot

These pics are too small.

Try posting them the usual size for this forum. It fills up the screen and gives your shots more impact. 800 pixels on the long side works well. I use 900 wide, 800 if the longest side is the height.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Tyler2106
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Alyssa's gym shoot

Different facial expressions would have been a nice change of pace.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.