Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Beauty Dish for Novatron Heads

niktnowy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Beauty Dish for Novatron Heads

I currently have four Novatron Flash Heads - 2100 series. I am looking to purchase Beauty Dish but I was not able to find one to fit that type. I don't even know if there is a possibility to install Beauty Dish or Softbox on as all of them are designed specifically for umbrellas.

So my request question is-
- Is there any way of converting Novatron Heads to accommodate Beauty Dish or Softbox?

- Can you recommend any Beauty dish that I can use in addition to Novatron setup?

Thank You

Nik

Aug 08, 2013 at 10:07 PM
jonathanwilson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Beauty Dish for Novatron Heads

My first lights were Novatron with similar heads. I wound up buying a universal type soft box that used a mount similar to this: http://j.mp/1cOwG5W It worked, but due to the contoured shape of the head it could move around if not quite secure.

The beauty dish, would probably have to be home made, even then with that style of head (built in reflector) it would probably not produce the appropriate output...

If I were in your position, I would pick up at least one new/used 2103 head to expand your options.

Aug 08, 2013 at 11:09 PM
niktnowy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Beauty Dish for Novatron Heads

Thanks a lot

I will look into 2103. I like that ability to connect to the same power pack. My other option is to get strobe with beauty dish. Just don't which one yet.
I will get this ring for softbox ability.

Any recommendation for strobe with beauty dish?

Thank You

Aug 09, 2013 at 05:48 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password