Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Video Lighting

stebnerphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Video Lighting

I know it's not necessarily photography related, though it could be.Does anyone have recommendations for LED lighting? I'd love it for a studio and for outside.

Thanks!

Aug 08, 2013 at 04:20 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Video Lighting

That sounds pretty firmly "photography related" to me. Video photography is one branch of photography, after all.

I can't help with LED suggestions, as I haven't used them (yet). You might want to participate in this thread, though:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1231595

Aug 08, 2013 at 07:54 PM
mrbill98

p.1 #3 · Video Lighting

Ikancorp.com...Best LED Lights on the Market. There a little bit PRICEY, but you get what you pay for.

Sep 27, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Video Lighting

mrbill98 wrote:
Ikancorp.com...Best LED Lights on the Market. There a little bit PRICEY, but you get what you pay for.

What makes them the best on the market? They seem to be in the mid-range of LED lighting...

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
hk_mtbr
• • •
p.1 #5 · Video Lighting

I just bought a set from dracast.com and I'm really happy. We bought a 500 and 1000 and with barn doors, gels etc was around $2k. http://dracast.com/

Also went with 5600k/gels instead of the bi-color as you get half the number of leds of each color so if you want pure 5600 you would have effectively a 500.

I like their simplicity and size...super easy to set up. There are a couple of minor nits but would buy another set in a minute.

I almost bought the ikancorp but when I talked to them on the phone they were a bit unorganized.

FWIW I also went with an icelight to use for hair/rim and specialty needs that came up prior to the dracasts.

I hope this helps.

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password