Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Football, new season, new stadium

andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Football, new season, new stadium

UMHB in Belton, TX will be using a brand new stadium for the first time this year. http://cruathletics.com/news/2012/5/16/FB_0516121300.aspx

Looks like I'll get to shoot this game, 1st home game of the season, 1st game in this stadium. I don't have a fish eye lens and have never used one but feel like I need to rent one for this game. I can shoot on a 7D cropped sensor or 1D X full frame.

I'm interested in opinions, fish eye or just a wide lens, and where would be the best spots to use this lens to capture the stadium environment? I'm thinking as high as I can get and centered on the end or middle. I don't know where I'll have access to so I'm looking for multiple locals, prioritized. And absent height, is the fish eye or wide lens decent from the field level?

Aug 07, 2013 at 05:59 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Football, new season, new stadium

Well, UMHB has come a long way from when I was attending Central Texas College in 92! Beautiful stadium. Did you get the 1Dx?

Aug 07, 2013 at 06:55 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Football, new season, new stadium

Got the 1D X!

Chomping at the bit for football season now.

You'd also be surprised at CTC which is still there and affiliated with Texas A&M now.

Aug 07, 2013 at 07:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Football, new season, new stadium

Yeah, I heard they were. That is awesome you go the 1DX, I ALMOST went with it instead of the D4. It would have cost me and I would have been 50% nikon and 50% canon until I was able to finance the rest of the change over. I will say though, I am pretty happy with the D4 and the new 400. I am like you, can't wait for football season! Look forward to seeing some great images! I think a 14-24 would be great for some image of the stadium. That is the only lens I really want and need for my Nikon collection for sports.

Aug 07, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Football, new season, new stadium

Wow...

I wish I could be there when ETBU comes to town... probably not going to happen though.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Football, new season, new stadium

I can save you a seat if you'd like!

Anyone else have recommendations on a lens or position?

Aug 11, 2013 at 01:33 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password