Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Nikon today announced another new camera

WestcoastHD
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Nikon today announced another new camera

The funny thing is I recently saw a brand new D600 with a kit lens for like $1600 online. So it's definitely not about price. I do think it will be another year, before we see a performance body for sale form either Canon or Nikon. I am sure there will be lots of new Coolpix cameras to keep everyone entertained in the mean time.

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:30 PM
2of9
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Nikon today announced another new camera

This new 'L' camera has 18 megapixels and my D90 has only 12 megapixels. Does this mean the quality is better?

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:34 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Nikon today announced another new camera

Another new camera announcement the P7800 Sep 5, 2013.

I think it is really time to give up hope for the D400 and aim for something else or stay with what you have.

Edited on Sep 05, 2013 at 03:24 PM · View previous versions

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:16 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Nikon today announced another new camera

hans98ko wrote:
Here is another new camera announcement the P7800 today Sep 5, 2013.

Still no D400 for those who have waited for the 6 years.

Seems like you're taking joy in that fact...not especially amiable of you.

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:23 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Nikon today announced another new camera

Oops! Editing while you reply.
Not really taking joy with it but trying to advice them to aim for something else and be happy with what they already have.

From their annual report and what was announced recently, I got a feeling that they are announcing their last wave of compact cameras before their game plan change for developing future compact cameras.

If I am not wrong they will come out with more mid and low end DSLR in both FX and DX format, as well as new mirror-less DX model that can make good use all present DX and FX lenses without adaptor. I think this is the direction that most manufacturers are going base on the discussion that is going on within the industry and some of the development and patents that have been filed.

Edited on Sep 05, 2013 at 03:58 PM · View previous versions

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:26 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Nikon today announced another new camera

hans98ko wrote:
Oops! Editing while you reply.
Not really taking joy with it but trying to advice them to aim for something else and be happy with what they already have.

That advice is about as useful as my nipples. :P

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:32 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Nikon today announced another new camera

If you can't have a civil discussion you are always welcome to by-pass this thread and there is no need to use of words like nipples and any body parts.

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:50 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Nikon today announced another new camera

hans98ko wrote:
If you can't have a civil discussion you are always welcome to by-pass this thread and there is no need to use of words like nipples and any body parts.

lol - "nipples" isn't considered an offensive word, and frankly I think that is a nice way of saying you aren't offering any here a shred of value by constantly beating your "There will be no D400 so satisfy yourself with something else." message.

Everyone here is free to express their displeasure that Nikon is either very late replacing/updating a part of their product line or abandoning it altogether. Constantly chiming in about the fact that there isn't a D400 is certainly more rude than the use of the word "nipple."

You are welcome to bypass the next opportunity for a snide "No D400" post, but don't be surprised when people react negatively when you post anyway.

For myself, I'm pretty happy with my D300s. I suppose I wouldn't mind more resolution, but if a D400 shows up, I'll probably skip it unless it takes a fair step forward on ISO performance.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DTOB
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Nikon today announced another new camera

I've got to hand it to you M635_Guy, you really keep a cool head and avoid knee-jerk reactions. I'll keep my eye out for your posts in the future.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:09 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Nikon today announced another new camera

That's a mouthful, Dylan

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:15 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Nikon today announced another new camera

The thing is that the D400 thing has been going on for the past 6 years and people are not able to go over it and keep posting rumors about it coming.
This is actually worst than telling them straight in the face that it is not coming.
As we have already seen that there are already 2 DX models, the D7000 and D7100 that have superseded it with almost all the capabilities or even more, the only difference is the built and handling.
If we look into the past we will noticed that no camera will hold its form forever, not even the best and the top models.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:17 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Nikon today announced another new camera

trenchmonkey wrote:
That's a mouthful, Dylan

Trying to keep my foot out of my mou......oh wait, you just used that one.

I'll try to get back to you?...

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:27 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Nikon today announced another new camera

hans98ko wrote:
The thing is that the D400 thing has been going on for the past 6 years and people are not able to go over it and keep posting rumors about it coming.
This is actually worst than telling them straight in the face that it is not coming.
As we have already seen that there are already 2 DX models, the D7000 and D7100 that have superseded it with almost all the capabilities or even more, the only difference is the built and handling.
If we look into the past we will noticed that no camera will hold its form forever, not even
...Show more

Why is that different than any other Nikon body? The fact is the D7K/D7100 don't supersede the D300s if they don't satisfy a large percentage of people who own one today. Handling, build and buffer are important enough to keep a lot of people on the sidelines. Why is it so important to you to help people get over it?

The fact is there is no suitable replacement in the Nikon portfolio for the D300s. Lots of companies have made the mistake of telling customers what they want, usually with a bad ending for the company.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:36 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Nikon today announced another new camera

DTOB wrote:
Trying to keep my foot out of my mou......oh wait, you just used that one.

I'll try to get back to you?...

I'm under-caffeinated...I see the joke, but I don't get it...

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:39 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Nikon today announced another new camera

M635_Guy wrote:
I'm under-caffeinated...I see the joke, but I don't get it...

Admittedly not my best work.

I'll keep my chin up and my nose to the grindstone.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:46 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Nikon today announced another new camera

When you say no suitable replacement for the D300s, is almost the same as when Nikon remove all mechanical shutter except 1/90 on the F3.
At that time all F2 users myself included wanted to have the capability to use all shutter speed even without batteries, but instead of adding it back on, they remove it completely on the next follow up the F4.
So you see we too have gone through the same experience and gone past it and accepted it.

Sep 05, 2013 at 04:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password