FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Advice for wildlife in SW Florida

40Driggs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advice for wildlife in SW Florida

I have recently moved to Naples, FL from Springfield, MO. I was wondering if anyone on the board lived in this area and had favorite shooting locations? I haven't had much time for exploring, but there seem to be some great areas so far.

I will probably wait until winter to hit the everglades, but I will be exploring local. I also have a 'yak I shoot from so inland waters are an option for me.

Aug 06, 2013 at 09:00 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advice for wildlife in SW Florida

Arthur Morris (birdsasart.net) sells a guide to Florida bird photography that is admirably detailed.
In Fort Myers Beach is Little Estero Lagoon, a hidden spot just south of the Holiday Inn (park diagonally across the street, to the south, by the drugstore).
I also found Birding Florida a usefully detailed book, organized by regions of the state and with information on which birds are found where, when, and like Artie Morris, some particulars on where to go within a site.
Corkscrew Swamp is worth the tour, although I was not successful during my one trip, mid-day. Lots of vegetation makes it a challenge, but a variety of birds in the trees if you shoot amidst the foliage. There are elevated lookouts as well. And gators.
Once you get settled, the East Coast offers two close locations near Delray: Wakodahatchee and Green Cay. Up the coast, Viera Wetlands is excellent.
And south, of course is Everglades NP. I have seen the most at the Anhinga Trail but I have also seen interesting captures from Flamingo.
I am sure others know your particular area better. Including which block to go down to find burrowing owls in or around Naples.

Scott

Scott

Aug 06, 2013 at 09:24 PM
40Driggs
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advice for wildlife in SW Florida

Thanks for the info!

Aug 07, 2013 at 06:49 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.