Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

Kaustubh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

It has been a love story with Fuji, especailly with Fuji X100. After using it for almost two years, I am convinced that for my skills and capabilities, X100 is the perfect camera and I would be happy with a fixed 35mm. I know a lot of you will agree with me. Fuji X100 is the only camera I own and am happy with it. But there is a not-so-good part associated with Fuji - the customer service (especially repair).

After noticing a fine hair like structure in the EVF, I decided to have Fuji clean it, as my body was still under warranty. I was visiting New York at the point and I called the NY repair facility. I was told that I would have to ship it to Arizona facility. I called them to confirm that they received my camera and asked them how long will it take to reapir after a week from my priority shipping date. 10 WEEKS. Really?

In my Canon days, I had a CPS membership and the turn-around time was less than 5 business days. Qudos to Canon, I droped and broke the lens hood ring (on lens) of a evaluation copy 50 L and they did not carge me a penny (Of course, I worte them a letter how it happened: I rushed to help a child whom I thought was chocking and just did not even have to to put my lenses down properly). I have nothing against canon except they are not pocketable like my Fuji X100.

The Problem:
I am leaving the country in three weeks, for almost two years for my masters degree. Yes, I will be back once in a while (I think), but I can't think of not having a camera for that long. It has been gone for almost a month now and they still estimate 8 more weeks (12 weeks in total). I am one of the person who carries their camera with them all the time, although sometimes there are weeks of not using it. Like 3-4 days after sending the camera to Fuji, I saw this amazing double rainbow, making almost a gate, and you could literally see cars driving under the double rainbow. Fuji X100 may not be the best camera for that situation(landscape), but surely is superior to my phone camera.

Going to Europe has been a to-do list for so long, and I want to use my camera the first few days, when the experience is fresh and I am not used to the culture. I thought I was all set, even bought a wide angle converter and other acceessories..

But seems like I am not getting my camera back anytime soon unless you guys help me. Maybe.

Have you tried calling?
Yes Sir! I have..futile. Long await, difficult navigation, "we are not fuji," "we are not arizona," "we sent it to New Jersy, call them, arizona cannot help you," and Fuji never picking up the phone even after 45 minutes of waiting. I even wrote without any response from them.

Past Experience:
Early last year, I sent my 60mm macro fujinon lens for repair as it did not register lower apertures, Fuji replaced the lens but took them about 4-5 weeks. I thought that would be the max this time as well.

Solution:
That is what I want to ask the community? What should I do? How difficult is it to clean the EVF? Now I am thinking (may be not wise), I should have taken the camera apart myself. Can you help me out? Is Fuji listening? Does your neighbor work at Fuji ?

The path I do not want to take:
I am looking to purchases RX100 or another used Fuji X100. I am leaning towards X100! But hey I have to weigh in every financial decisions as I will be on a student budget. Currently I am an AmeriCorps VISTA, no money now at all. But I would rather make the credit card people happy than not have a decent camera with me during my first few months (of my first year) at Budapest.

So friends, what do you suggest?

I feel that a good product should come with good customer service and support, if not excellent. Imaging waiting 10 weeks for a minor repair.

CONCLUSION: Fuji X series are amazing cameras with lousy customer service, and they need to improve to their CS to be a game changing camera company.

(picture taken with my phone)

double rainbow in Little Cottonwood Canyon - Alta, Utah

Aug 07, 2013 at 01:08 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

I've had consistently excellent support from Fujifilm Canada.

Pick up an RX100. It's a fine camera and fits in a pocket, where an X100 won't. Having both is not a bad thing. I do.

Aug 07, 2013 at 02:12 AM
Kaustubh
• •
p.1 #3 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

Update: I received my camera in a month time. This is good but could be better.

Aug 14, 2013 at 06:01 AM
auxsend

p.1 #4 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

I'm not sure I agree. 2 months is terrible. 1 month is terrible to be honest. I have been thinking about a 100s, but I'm really not so sure now.

Aug 26, 2013 at 08:22 PM
Kaustubh
• •
p.1 #5 · Fuji X100 - the bad/sad part

Jcolwell (above) says Fuji Canada has excellent service, I wonder why US can't. The camera is too great to pass just because of crappy customer service.

Aug 29, 2013 at 06:41 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password