Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Need some help on a light setup-Please

MS PHOTO
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Need some help on a light setup-Please

This is what I need some help with, I am a sports photographer that does have the need to have a setup for indoors,sometime my space is limited so this is my problem, I need to use the same setup to do a horizontal individual & groups most group are 12-15 players that I have a backdrop set up,here are the lights that I have.If you could show my how & how many lights to use. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for any & all help.

2-White lightning Ultra Zap 1600
1-White Lightning Ultra Zap 800
3- shoot through umbrellas

Aug 06, 2013 at 12:48 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Need some help on a light setup-Please

I'd keep it simple: use the two 1600s, one on either side and even with or slightly behind the subjects, as background lights, and use the 800 over the camera as the key light.

If you can't get the subjects far enough from the BG, you may need to flag the BG lights to prevent too much spill from over-exposing the side subjects.

If the subjects have to be right up against the BG, then you'll need to use the lights, adjusted for the same output, to light the subjects and the BG at the same time, so having them lined up at the camera line would be your best bet.

Aug 06, 2013 at 04:01 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Need some help on a light setup-Please

MS PHOTO wrote:
2-White lightning Ultra Zap 1600
1-White Lightning Ultra Zap 800
3- shoot through umbrellas

Here's a rough sketch of how I'd do it. I didn't have a shoot-through umbrella image handy, but the principle is the same.

Aug 06, 2013 at 08:36 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password