FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom Cropping

g-money
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom Cropping

I've got an odd issue happening to me while working in LR. Let say I have a vertical image and I crop it horizontal. Everything is great I more to the next picture and continue on. Now. lets say I go back through and revisit these images when LR opens an image previously cropped from vertical to horizontal it will revert it back to portrait orientation with just a slight tilt to the crop automatically. It does not change anything on a normal crop. I even took a landscape image and cropped it to portrait went back to it and it did nothing to it either. Seems to only happen when going portrait to landscape.

I have shut down and reopened, rebooted and even changed catalogs so I must have something checked somewhere but don't find it. A Google search didn't really bring up this issue anywhere that I seen.

Anybody know whats going on?

Greg

Aug 04, 2013 at 06:43 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom Cropping

I'm guessing this is LR5? There are still a lot of bugs in LR5. I'd report it to Adobe. I've had some weird cropping bugs pop up from time to time as well.

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:24 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom Cropping

amonline wrote:
I'm guessing this is LR5? There are still a lot of bugs in LR5. I'd report it to Adobe. I've had some weird cropping bugs pop up from time to time as well.

Yeah it LR5 really odd. At times I can reboot and fix it. This time it continues. Will move forward with reporting to Adobe.

Greg

Aug 05, 2013 at 05:57 PM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom Cropping

I think you can purge cache or something to that effect, google how to do that. It should take care of it.

Aug 08, 2013 at 12:07 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom Cropping

Thanks, I have not had much time to research this, but the I did run across several people on Adobes site having issues of crops reverting or changing sometimes minutely, but no solution was offered. LR 5.2 RC has been released but it doesn't seem to address this issue. I will check out the purging cache. Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg

Aug 08, 2013 at 07:18 AM
plaiditude

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom Cropping

So far in LR5, I've had to convert any of my vertical-cropped-to-horizontal shots into tiffs so that they don't suddenly revert while showing to a customer etc. Very annoying, but I'm still loving all the other new features of LR5.

Aug 11, 2013 at 08:05 AM
StevenMI
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom Cropping

i'm having the same issues. It's pretty annoying but I haven't heard of a solution.

Aug 11, 2013 at 08:33 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom Cropping

I emailed Victoria Bampton (Lightroom Queen) and she replied letting me know this is a known issue and Adobe hopes to have it resolved with the 5.2 release.

Greg

Aug 12, 2013 at 07:10 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lightroom Cropping

I've had a similar thing happen but by just waiting a short moment the file will jump to the edited form. I do editing in RAW and was told this is just the original file appearing just before the edited one. This happens not only in cropping but all other edit processes. I use LR4

Aug 12, 2013 at 07:23 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lightroom Cropping

I've had a horrible time this week struggling through a wedding because previous/copy/paste doesn't work.

Aug 12, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lightroom Cropping

amonline wrote:
I've had a horrible time this week struggling through a wedding because previous/copy/paste doesn't work.

What method is this.....

faster than sync?

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lightroom Cropping

Yea, sync wasn't working either. I had to restart, delete prefs, restart... finally got it working again, but it's happened twice. There are still issues with previews as well. I've also noticed anytime I use lens correction and try to sync/paste/previous, I run into issues. There's something behind the scenes really messed up.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lightroom Cropping

I don't have any of these issues.

I do notice the preview window (upper left) tends to not always update.

I also did a fresh install on a new PC.

Sucks to have issues ..... that for sure.....

currently: LR 5 and now LR 5.2 (RC)

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lightroom Cropping

Yea, I was reading the RC notes. Pretty sad that the ONLY major bug they fixed was the preview pane image selection.

Regardless, the issues do exist. There are active reports at Adobe on the topics. I just don't understand how Adobe ignores such major bugs.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lightroom Cropping

Alan, remember 5.2 is still just a RC release. I am hoping there is more to the final release than what they have shown so far. If not 5.4 better be close behind. It takes me to long to edit as is without having to redo things I already had done once.

Greg

Aug 12, 2013 at 08:26 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lightroom Cropping

There's usually very little added after the RC. However, I hope you are right.

Aug 12, 2013 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.