Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Calendar printing

Tim Knutson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Calendar printing

Anybody care to suggest a company that offers a calendar in something closer to the 3:2 camera ratio, rather than the rather squarish 8.5x11 that everybody seems to offer.
Thanks

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #2 · Calendar printing

Well, I guess that's a no.

But thanks for looking.

Aug 25, 2013 at 04:55 PM
coferg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Calendar printing

FWIW:
I have printed (for family) via MPIX and Costco. Neither come close to 3:2, but if you could find one that allows for open space adjacent to the spine that would be the ticket. It is a pain to resize for calendars, MPIX was easiest since it was 4:3, but Costco's actual for a pick with 'no' border, (they still gives you a half inch all around) , is an actual size of 10 x 7.75, a tad larger than 4:3, enough to make for more work. -Jim

Aug 26, 2013 at 01:27 AM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #4 · Calendar printing

Thanks Jim, I was afraid this topic was going to die a slow lonely death.

I too print only for my family, but you kinda want your work to look the best it can. I've not used Mpix, but I'll give them another look.

I have used Costco, heck they are half the cost of most places. But they really do put out a sad looking calendar. The border in my opinion, just looks terrible, and the text in the body just looks cheap.

The best looking calendars that I have made were done by MyCanvas. They do a real full bleed picture, and the text and all the normal calendar stuff just looks first rate.

I have a couple of shots that just don't work on 8.5x11, that I'd like to use, but I'm not too excited about filler bars either. Perhaps like you suggest the white space at the spine, with some sort of caption or title might be a good compromise.

thx

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Calendar printing

Composition is a big issue with me. I always try to compose in camera to avoid any future cropping. Incorrect print sizes for a calendar is just a minor annoyance. Almost all photo paper is the wrong size; e.g. 8 1/2 x 11 versus the correct aspect ratio of 8 x 12. I don't know anything about the history of paper sizes but it would seem that the old sizes are out of date for photo printing and the paper should match a 2:3 aspect ratio. I refuse to alter my prints to match the paper so I need to add a border to achieve the correct ratio.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #6 · Calendar printing

David, have you personally had work done by them?

After looking around their website, I wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. Lots of typos and grammar issues. Guess this could be a translation problem. Looks like they do everything, but not much specific info on anything that I looked at.

I did fill out the quote request, to see what comes back.

Sep 01, 2013 at 11:34 PM
jonjack56

p.1 #7 · Calendar printing

If you are looking for calender printing, MeraPrint is the best option for you. They do a real full bleed picture, and the text and all the normal calendar stuff just looks first rate.

Sep 05, 2013 at 08:16 AM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #8 · Calendar printing

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Sep 05, 2013 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password