Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · 7D2 late 2014 now? (despite re-using 70D sensor?)

mogud
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · 7D2 late 2014 now? (despite re-using 70D sensor?)

aladyforty wrote:
well it does intrigue me, chances are many people will never afford a 1DX...a 1D4 does not always have the reach needed unless you have a lot of lens...for many the choice is only the 7D and a 400 lens. While the 7D does a stellar job it has its downfalls and I for one would love to see some change to the image quality at least on the next one. If 7DII comes out and looks great, Im willing to pay 2000 to 2300. 1DX sounds great but way out of my price range and then Id have to
...Show more

I am certainly very fortunate to be able to own and use both of these amazing cameras. I have shot many images with the 400 f5.6 and my 7D. Both of which I own and use. I was never disatisfied with the 7D's output and got very good at post processing the noise out of what I captured. My only complain was the 7d's high ISO performance. If the 7D II can rectify this shortcoming, then it will be worth >$2k.

Aug 05, 2013 at 10:05 PM
aladyforty
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · 7D2 late 2014 now? (despite re-using 70D sensor?)

mogud wrote:
I am certainly very fortunate to be able to own and use both of these amazing cameras. I have shot many images with the 400 f5.6 and my 7D. Both of which I own and use. I was never disatisfied with the 7D's output and got very good at post processing the noise out of what I captured. My only complain was the 7d's high ISO performance. If the 7D II can rectify this shortcoming, then it will be worth >$2k.

yep agreed, There are times I really wish the things my 7D had were in my 5DII. I am slowly getting better at processing my 7D shots now. Have to admit I find it a more easier camera to use all round, seems to be good for most subjects....cant afford a 5DIII just at the moment or any longer a lens than what I have so for now I will stick with it. we have two 7Ds in the house, my husband does a fair amount of video work and uses the two 7Ds, they do a great job

Aug 06, 2013 at 02:59 AM
MintMar
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · 7D2 late 2014 now? (despite re-using 70D sensor?)

skibum5 wrote:
You forgot the big one.... AF!

Don't forget the camera also needs to sell for another four years not just four months too.

Anyway things that certainly could be improved:

As you did mention all the sensor stuff, the low ISO DR is pretty far out of date. While the high ISO on it is pretty good for APS-C, if they used 1DX/6D tech in it it could pick up an admittedly minor maybe a trace more than 1/3 stop SNR and a more noticeable 1+ stops of DR at high ISO. Most copies tend to suffer from varying degrees of vertical gain
...Show more
[snip]
Hah, this brings me fond memories of the discussion at DPR I got for voicing the opinion that 7D's AF is "50D AF on steroids"... Then I got up the fanboy-creek without a paddle.

Aug 06, 2013 at 05:41 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.