Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HDR attempt

This is the capital building of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg

Aug 01, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Paratima
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HDR attempt

Some folks around here don't care for HDR, regardless of how well/poorly it's done. I happen to believe that it has the capability to make a photo look more like what we see with our eyes, i.e. a much broader range of sensitivity.

Having said that, I like this shot, although you may have overdone it just a bit. The sky has more blue and the foliage a bit more green than is strictly lifelike. Not saying it's bad - I've been known to occasionally boost colors a bit just for effect. Just saying that if someone were to pick on this shot because of its HDR effect, that's the first thing they would latch on to.

What I seriously don't care for is the "keystone" effect that occurs when you point the camera up very far past level in order to get the tops of buildings in the picture. Notice how the flagstaffs on the left and right sides point in toward the middle. That's keystoning. It can be overcome by (1) getting the camera higher so you don't have to point it up (don't all photographers carry a ladder with them?), (2) using an expensive tilt-shift lens, or (3) fixing it in Photoshop! I see from the EXIF that you processed this in Lightroom, which I don't have. In PS however, you go to Filter, Lens Correction, Custom and then play with the Vertical Perspective slider until it looks right. On this photo, I get about -30 to correct it.

There you have it! Other than the above nitpicking, I like the shot. Keep shooting and keep posting!

Aug 02, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Firefighterjos
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HDR attempt

Thank you very much Paratima for your feed back im happy when people are open to nitpicking it just helps me to get stronger as a photographer..

Josh

Aug 02, 2013 at 10:45 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HDR attempt

yes, keystoning can be fixed to some extent with PS, much less expensive than buying a tilt shift lens!

Aug 03, 2013 at 08:30 AM
exposuresltd
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HDR attempt

Keystoning can be fixed to an extent in PS. For best results, a Tilt-Shift lens is a must!

Aug 04, 2013 at 12:15 PM
mhilbush
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HDR attempt

Keystoning can be fixed (to an extent) in Lightroom, too. In Lightroom, you would make the adjustments in the Lens Corrections panel. In the Lens Correction panel, click on "Manual", then try adjusting the "Vertical" slider.

Aug 04, 2013 at 04:30 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.