FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Adorama Strike Count

Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Adorama Strike Count

MitchSC wrote:
I just want to say that I have been doing business with Adoroma for over ten years. I have bought several cameras and lenses without any problems . I’ve always been happy with sales staff’s knowledge and friendliness. I have often been amazed with the shipping (normally 3-4 days).

Thank you SO much for the feedback!

Oct 21, 2013 at 03:25 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Adorama Strike Count

So far I have had better luck elsewhere and I buy a ton of gear.

Example #1. Ordered a Tokina 16-28 from Adorama. Showed in stock etc. I went to checkout and there it was out of stock after all the effort. So yes I was dumb and figured screw it, I placed the order anyway. And waited and waited and waited while others had it in stock. So I eventually tired of waiting and cancelled my ordered with Adorama and ordered elsewhere. Then the UPS driver delivers 2 of these lenses. 1 from Adorama that I cancelled and I never received a notification that the purchase was still happening. I called adorama and they claimed that I cancelled the free lens pouch not the lens which made zero sense as it was part of the same listing. I did not budget for buying 2 of these lenses so I got an overdraft charge on my business account. I was pissed I then had to wait about 10 days for my refund and deal with returning the lens.

Example #2 I decided to give Adorama 1 more chance. This was just last week. I placed 2 items in my cart. Both show in stock. One is a lens, the other is the hood. I go to checkout and pay and now the hood is not in stock. I would have much preferred to just buy both items from B&H. Others seem to like Adorama. My brother in law buys from Adorama often, but something is off about the way they run their orders.

I may give them another chance in the future, but who knows. So far it's cost me time and money buying from then.

Oct 25, 2013 at 01:34 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Adorama Strike Count

popinvasion wrote:
So far I have had better luck elsewhere and I buy a ton of gear. ......
I may give them another chance in the future, but who knows. So far it'scost me time and money buying from then.

I'd welcome the opportunity to investigate; can you please email me directly: [email protected] with the relevant order numbers?
In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment. It isn't how we expect our customers to be served and needs to be addressed without delay.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Oct 25, 2013 at 02:22 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.