Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

B&H Photo just lowered the price of the Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport to $3,299 with free shipping.
(Orig. price: $3,599)

Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport

----

Adorama is offering a $300 off coupon for the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport Lens.

When entering the coupon code S4161932, the lens final price after checkout will also be 3,299.00.

Jul 30, 2013 at 05:17 PM
gocolts
• • •
p.1 #2 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

It's only been out a few months...I'm afraid that if the price gets to the point where it starts with a 2, I'll be too tempted to resist...

Jul 30, 2013 at 05:58 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

B&H has the price at $3,299.00 without the added code? Who among us still believes that price fixing isn't the norm when it comes to cameras and camera equipment

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:07 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ed Peters wrote:
B&H has the price at $3,299.00 without the added code? Who among us still believes that price fixing isn't the norm when it comes to cameras and camera equipment

Well with MAP the camera companies aren't exactly hiding their price fixing

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:17 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #5 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Sigma lenses with significantly better image quality and the new sharp-looking design have really got my attention. I have never used off-brand lenses for a while. I might just be too tempted very soon.

gocolts wrote:
It's only been out a few months...I'm afraid that if the price gets to the point where it starts with a 2, I'll be too tempted to resist...

120-300/2.8 for under $3,000. I might be in too.

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Been using third party lenses for a long time and its good to see Sigma getting some respect these days and really upping their game and coming out with some innovative offerings at great prices. I'd like to see Tamron start producing a higher quality line of lenses too.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
johnctharp
• • •
p.1 #7 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Been using third party lenses for a long time and its good to see Sigma getting some respect these days and really upping their game and coming out with some innovative offerings at great prices. I'd like to see Tamron start producing a higher quality line of lenses too.

I really need to just get my first good Sigma. Reading only does so much.

But some stabilized long-lens competition would certainly be good!

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Driveitputtit
• •
p.1 #8 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Fred, would you happen to have a discount code for the Nikon mount? it appears to only apply on the Canon mount.

B&H also has the Nikon version still listed at full price.

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Driveitputtit wrote:
Fred, would you happen to have a discount code for the Nikon mount? it appears to only apply on the Canon mount.

B&H also has the Nikon version still listed at full price.

I was told the special price is for the Canon-mount only.
Adorama started with the discount code and B&H Photo rapidly matched the price. I believe this is a temporary price drop.
Fred

Jul 31, 2013 at 03:45 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #10 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ed Peters wrote:

At Adorama we will always make every effort to price match to equally reputable retailers - you only need send me an email: Helen@adorama.com with a link to the item on our competitor's website, and if we can we will.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Now one might think that a truly competitive operation would want to have better prices and service than an equally reputable retailer? Why would I try for an "if we can we will.", when I already have the price in hand, at an equally reputable retailer?

Jul 31, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #12 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ed Peters wrote:
Now one might think that a truly competitive operation would want to have better prices and service than an equally reputable retailer? Why would I try for an "if we can we will.", when I already have the price in hand, at an equally reputable retailer?

Ok, for example. There is a very reputable photographic store in Canada. We nevertheless may not match their prices because we would be offering a US warranty.

Or, if an equally reputable company offers a product at $150 less than we do but doesn't actually have it in stock at that moment in time.

Or the Internet behemoth that has fulfilment centers in 12 US States, PLUS, 3 locations in Canada, 4 locations in Scotland, 5 in England, 3 in Wales, 5 in France, 4 in each of Germany and Japan, 3 in China, and 1 in each of Slovakia and Italy, whose operations are subsidized by investors who care only about growth.

If we were in a position to subsidize the prices of products by selling stock, we would potentially also be able to provide twice the product for half the price. However, Adorama is a family business in NYC with a single distribution center in New Jersey! - and which cares deeply about offering personal support and service to the photographers who buy from us.

BTW we will also do our best to match shipping

The best thing is always to check with me: Helen@adorama.com

Jul 31, 2013 at 01:53 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

To respond to one of your observations (I don't want to make this a running advertisement):

Or, if an equally reputable company offers a product at $150 less than we do but doesn't actually have it in stock at that moment in time

I have noticed that it is not unusual to place an order at Adorama for an item only to find out afterward that you do not have it in stock. I'm thinking the explanation was that you deal with several locations and the computer systems are not always in sync?

To clarify, I have and will continue to do business with Adorama, as I do like basic operation and customer service.

Jul 31, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #14 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ed Peters wrote:
To respond to one of your observations (I don't want to make this a running advertisement):

Or, if an equally reputable company offers a product at $150 less than we do but doesn't actually have it in stock at that moment in time

I have noticed that it is not unusual to place an order at Adorama for an item only to find out afterward that you do not have it in stock. I'm thinking the explanation was that you deal with several locations and the computer systems are not always in sync?

To clarify, I have and will continue to do
...Show more

This usually occurs when there is a greater demand for an item than anticipated, and we are already low on inventory, and then receive a number orders within just a few minutes via the various portals such as BizRate, Amazon and buy.com, plus via our own website, the 'phones and in store.

It then isn't immediately obvious to our stock-keeping system which customer is going to be disappointed.
We are working diligently towards a solution to prevent this from happening, and hope that you will continue to enjoy purchasing from Adorama.

Jul 31, 2013 at 02:33 PM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ed Peters wrote:

Because:

- I don't think these retailers are interested in starting a nuclear pricing war, particularly if it involves bumping up against MAP.

- The price-matching retailer isn't doing it to win your sale away, they're doing it to keep the sale you'd rather give to them in the first place as long as the price is the same. If you have a rep/sales history with Store B, they want to remind you that they'd like to keep your business if the only difference is price and they have some room to work with.

- B&H and Adorama may be competitors, but they can coexist as long as they run lean, customer-forward, well-priced businesses. And remember, they're damn close to one another, so they don't need the kind of local competitive "trouble" one used to (still might) be able to see regularly two dozen blocks downtown and a little to the East among Chinatown bus companies...

- Because a business is in it to make a profit, and not all models are built upon catering to that stingy type of customer who only shops on price (I'm often in this category myself, so no offense meant).

And about a dozen other reasons.

I have to say... this may be the first time I've seen someone complain about a business that offers to price match when it can.

Jul 31, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Snopchenko
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Pixel Perfect wrote:

They've had the 24-70 and 70-200 VC out for a while. 90 VC macro too.

Jul 31, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Driveitputtit
• •
p.1 #17 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Ok, thanks Fred.

I contacted both B&H and Adorama, and neither would offer the $3299 price for the Nikon mount. I know some other fence sitters on the Nikon side watching this lens. I guess I'll hold onto my money for now.

Jul 31, 2013 at 05:18 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #18 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

The same one is now working for Nikon: S4161932

Helen

Jul 31, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport for $3,299!

Now that's leading the pack!! Tks. Helen. and B&H hasn't spotted it yet...

Jul 31, 2013 at 07:37 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password