Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Wakeboard Tournament

timgangloff
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wakeboard Tournament

I shot my first wakeboard tournament yesterday. From the little kids to the pros, it was a lot of fun, but made for a long day sitting in the back of the boat. Any suggestions/critiques would be great.

I was mostly shooting for faces and tricks and not so much for the wide angle artsy stuff. It was a a cloudy day with some rain so the lighting could have been a bit nicer.

timgangloff 2013

timgangloff 2013

timgangloff 2013

timgangloff 2013

timgangloff 2013

Jul 29, 2013 at 03:06 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wakeboard Tournament

Great shots, I have an appreciation for shooting wake boarding..I shot a little last year.

Jul 29, 2013 at 03:18 AM
jspytek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wakeboard Tournament

#3 is my fav mainly do to the angle making me wonder how high he was. Others have better background and such, but it was #3 for me.

Jul 29, 2013 at 04:06 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wakeboard Tournament

Tim...these are excellent shots. If you didn't say it was your first time shooting this....one would never know it. #3 is my fav and my only suggestion is to do more . You did a great job.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wakeboard Tournament

Very nice shots, Tim. My pick is #4, because the darker background really makes the wakeboarder stand out.

Bill

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM
sparkeee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wakeboard Tournament

I like all of them. You caught some nice facial expressions along with the muscle tone of theses athletes at the peak of action. If I were still wake boarding and one of these shots were of me I'd buy one in a heartbeat. First time doing this..great work.

Jul 29, 2013 at 02:02 PM
WalnutPond
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wakeboard Tournament

#3 -Huge raley.
#2 - not so much....

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:13 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wakeboard Tournament

Thanks all for taking the time to leave a comment.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've shot lots of images from the back of a boat, just never a tournament and never kids/adults this good before. It's one thing shooting your own kid doing a wake to wake jump and quite another to shoot tricks I've never heard of before.

At times I probably could have used a wide angle lens. I was using the 70-200 2.8 IS II on the 1d4 and some of these guys (#3 above) nearly jumped out of the frame on some of their tricks. I was trying to keep some water in the images to give a sense of height. I'm not sure how high the guy in #3 was, but he was way up there. We were riding in a Mastercraft X-star boat that threw the biggest wake I've ever seen and some of the riders knew how to use it to its full potential.

WalnutPond - the guy in #2 and I (and the rest of the guys in the boat) had a good laugh at his facial expressions on this jump. I think he bought the image too!

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kris416
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wakeboard Tournament

I don't have a favourite, they are all awesome to look at. You did a great job of catching good moments and expressions.

Aug 01, 2013 at 02:11 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wakeboard Tournament

Outstanding Tim

Ted

Aug 03, 2013 at 08:09 PM
Jeff Napier
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wakeboard Tournament

You killed it Tim! Great work!

Aug 04, 2013 at 01:32 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wakeboard Tournament

timgangloff wrote:
I shot my first wakeboard tournament yesterday. From the little kids to the pros, it was a lot of fun, but made for a long day sitting in the back of the boat. .

you had the best seat !

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:20 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wakeboard Tournament

Nice images. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to shoot.

Jeff

Aug 05, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wakeboard Tournament

I knew these would be good before I even looked and sure enough...they are!

Marty

Aug 07, 2013 at 11:57 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wakeboard Tournament

Thanks all for the kind words. It was a long, but fun day. And as CW100 pointed out, I did have the best seat in the house, so to speak.

Aug 08, 2013 at 01:49 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password