New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 6D and PW Mini/Flex

Jonesy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D and PW Mini/Flex

Looking at picking up a 6d as a backup to my 5D3 and was wondering how the PW mini and flex work with the 6D.

Jul 26, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D and PW Mini/Flex

It looks like the 6D is covered for manual power control only right now if you get the latest firmware. See the following PocketWizard information:

http://www.pocketwizard.com/news_events/news/firmware_release_june_2013/

Also check their Beta software section, which may have beta support that gives you more than manual.

Have you considered a used 5D2 as backup? The cost could be close to the same as a new 6D.

Jul 26, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Jonesy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D and PW Mini/Flex

Just sold my 5D2 lol

Jul 26, 2013 at 02:56 PM
Smesh

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 6D and PW Mini/Flex

Yeah I was so gutted by this new update. I've been using a 6D for months and waiting for the new firmware, then finally see they release the official update, only to see that it's the same damn release as I had before. Manual only. As in, it just acts as a basic trigger. You have to manually adjust each flash using the flash itself, and cannot do anything inside the camera. That means climbing on chairs, ladders or dropping light stands down to get at flashes for each damn adjustment. I've so had it with Pocketwizards. I'll just buy some of the Chinese knockoffs. They allow complete adjustment through the camera. My POS Pocketwizard FLEX are going on eBay NOW.

Aug 03, 2013 at 03:12 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.