Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hermit Pass, Colorado

Steph Coffman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Hermit Pass, Colorado

My husband and I took a trip out to Colorado a week ago. We went up to Hermit Lake near Westcliffe, Colorado last fall, but this time we wanted to head up near the top of the pass to try our luck on some sunset/star images and timelapse. The clouds were not in our favor for stars and the sunlight hit the mountain peaks for only about 30 seconds as it set. Below are a couple of images from above Horseshoe Lake. Being able to see the Wet Mountain Valley from up above Horseshoe Lake and Hermit Lake is amazing! Wildflowers were out, but were nothing like what we saw a couple days later on the Ice Lakes trail over by Silverton.

A Glimpse of Sunset

Panoramic looking east toward the Wet Mountain Valley

Thanks for looking!
Steph

Jul 26, 2013 at 02:46 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Hermit Pass, Colorado

Hey Steph,

You came away with a couple of nice shots here. The cool thing about being out in places like that is even if the sunset isn't crazy cool, the places we are at are still crazy cool and we get the privelage to experience them! I like #1 the most, though I think I might crop just a bit off the right side to lose that peak along the edge that has some color. Just having the one main peak with color will all the eyes to focus in on the shot better.

Jim

Jul 26, 2013 at 06:56 AM
Steph Coffman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Hermit Pass, Colorado

JimFox wrote:
Hey Steph,

You came away with a couple of nice shots here. The cool thing about being out in places like that is even if the sunset isn't crazy cool, the places we are at are still crazy cool and we get the privelage to experience them! I like #1 the most, though I think I might crop just a bit off the right side to lose that peak along the edge that has some color. Just having the one main peak with color will all the eyes to focus in on the shot better.

Jim

Hi Jim. I completely agree with the cropping, great suggestion. Thanks!

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password