Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Which head?

redcoat

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Which head?

Hi,

I purchased the Sirui T2205X TX Series Tripod Legs 5 Section 49in Height Carbon - Sirui T-2205X.

I'm now trying to figure out which head would be a good choice, given a limited budget. Have a D70 (upgrading soon hopefully!) and the largest lens I have is a 70-300mm VR Nikor.

Thoughts on this one? SIRUI K-20X 38mm Ballhead with Quick Release, 55.1 lbs Load Capacity

Please let me have your suggestions...

cheers!

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Which head?

You might also consider Sunwayfoto heads, e.g., SUNWAYFOTO FB-36. Generally they're a lot smoother and better made than the Sirui heads, especially the clamps.

Jul 25, 2013 at 07:22 PM
dodgyexposure

p.1 #3 · Which head?

I have the Sirui T2204X, and bought the Sirui K20X ballhead as a combo. This is the largest Sirui head that will fit within the legs when folded (i.e. so that the legs remain parallel).

The K20X is nicely made, smooth and stable. It solidly supports my 70-200 2.8 IS II (Canon). It's not as good as my Markins Q10, but it only cost a quarter of the Markins!

I don't know about your seller, but I got a reasonable discount by buying both legs and head together.

Jul 26, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Which head?

Markins Q3 if it's not too expensive for you

Jul 26, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #5 · Which head?

Just bought the Really Right Stuff MH-02 Pro Head with Indexing Pro Clamp instead of a ball head. Got this one due to the ease of swapping from lens foot plate to camera plate that are at 90 degrees offset to one another.

I did not want the camera to go flopping when I loosened the tension on a ball head. The one you have picked out seems like it would do the job though, depending on how well it lasts. Good reviews with no cons on B&H for your choice.

Jul 27, 2013 at 01:34 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password