Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Southern Oregon

kwilliam8
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Southern Oregon

I was in south eastern and south central Oregon recently. There weren’t too many clouds, but I made the best of what was given to me. Here are some images from that trip. The second image was the most brilliant display of Anticrepuscular rays that I have seen, and was probably due to being almost 10,000 feet in altitude. The third image was taken with the Schneider variable neutral density filter. All images were taken with a Nikon D800.

Image 1: Steens Mountain sunset, Nikon 28-300mm, f8, 1/400 sec, ISO 800.

Image 2: Anticrepuscular Rays over Alvord Playa, Nikon 28-300mm, f8, 1/40 sec, ISO 800.

Image 3: Paulina Falls, Newberry Crater, Nikon 24-70mm, f16, 1 sec, ISO 100.

Image 4: Sunset from Cloud Cap, Crater Lake, Nikon 14-24mm, f10, 1/30 sec, ISO 100.

Image 5: Sunset over Crater Lake, Nikon 28-300mm, f8, 1/250 sec, ISO 1000.

Comments and feed-back welcome!

Keith W.

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:26 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Southern Oregon

Those are awesome! I need a road trip bad..and I learned a new word "Anticrepuscular" ...well, maybe not learned , no clue what that means

Jul 25, 2013 at 04:21 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Southern Oregon

Hey Keith,

You worked the light you had really nicely here. #4 and 5 are my favorites from the group.

Jim

Jul 25, 2013 at 05:35 PM
kwilliam8
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Southern Oregon

Kell, thanks. Crepuscular rays are light rays radiating from the sun. These rays often stream through clouds or mountains. Anticrepuscular rays extend across the sky and appear to converge at the antisolar point (180 degrees from the setting sun). These rays are most often very subtle (but not so above).

Jim, thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Keith W.

Jul 25, 2013 at 07:01 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password