Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Crater Lake and Fort Rock, Oregon

Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Crater Lake and Fort Rock, Oregon

from last year's trip

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:39 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Crater Lake and Fort Rock, Oregon

Hey Kell,

Crater Lake is a cool place, it's great you got to visit there. I think I would crop your #1 shot just a bit more. The two bottom corners end up with dead grass in them even though snow is all over the rest of it. Also when cropping in on on the right, or clone out that bit of tree branch poking in by itself along the right edge. With #2, I think I would add just a bit more contrast without blowing out the clouds.

Jim

Jul 25, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Crater Lake and Fort Rock, Oregon

Thanks, I have ALLOT of learning to do as I just started posting pics here yesterday even though I've lurked for a year (lame, I know), so far my photography is just jpeg without doing anything

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:10 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Crater Lake and Fort Rock, Oregon

On #2, which I like , you might want to do some transforming in order to straighten some of the excessive leaning. Here, the example is the gas pump and the far left building. Hard part here is these old buildings over time do indeed lean, so some off-vertical perspective is expected. In this case it appears to be further enhanced via angle of focal plane, lens etc. Easy to correct in LR or PS.

Look forward to more of your work, Kell.

Matt

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password