Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Cloudy Trinidad Beach

JimKied
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

One of the things my wife was looking forward to while on our trip was to explore tidal pools. We were on Trinidad Beach on an overcast day at low tide to look in the pools. I had my camera along. I was really wanting to come away with some sort of image for that day, but there really wasn't anything spectacular happening with the light or the waves/water. I did get this image though. Hope you guys like it. C&C appreciated.

D600
24-70
24mm
f/11
1/30 sec.
Vertical crop of a horizontal image

JimKied 2013

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:46 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

The common advice for cloudy days is to get close to your subject and shoot little ones. I think this is why the erosion in the sand works so well in this image

Morris

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:05 AM
JimKied
• •
p.1 #3 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

Thanks Morris.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

That is nice advise, Morris.
Jim, this is very nice.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

Hey Jim,

That is really cool looking! A very nice take away from what I am sure was an enjoyable day. I like that the etchings in the sand almost looks like a heart and in the background are two rocks, and since it was you and your wife out there, it's like the shot is saying two hearts beating as one... Maybe too corny... but hey...

Jim

Jul 25, 2013 at 09:25 PM
JimKied
• •
p.1 #6 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

Hey Jim! Pretty cool take. Wish I could have said the same thing. But you beat me to it. Not corny at all. . I'll have to tell that to my bride of 35 years!

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Cloudy Trinidad Beach

JimKied wrote:
Hey Jim! Pretty cool take. Wish I could have said the same thing. But you beat me to it. Not corny at all. . I'll have to tell that to my bride of 35 years!

Ha ha... you can write it down and sign it Jim... she doesn't have to know which Jim said it first...

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password