Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The Plunge

ArturS
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Plunge

Few weeks ago I was trying to execute an idea to photograph waterfall from this location. What you see is Brandywine Falls photographed from the very edge of 70 meters drop. To get to this location and execute this photo I needed to use climbing gear. This is 14mm DOF blend and single DR photo with D800. Any critiques and comments appreciated.

ArturS 2012

The Plunge

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:56 AM
roguecoolman
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Plunge

What a cool shot. I like the perspective , the water motion and very sharp DOF all the way through. My only nit pick is maybe it needs a bit of shadows in the trees and the rocks on the top left hand side. It just seems the light is just too uniform all around there.

It must have took great effort to get the shot but man that perspective is killer!

Jason

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:12 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Plunge

Hey Artur,

Wow... now this is super cool! Way to go on this one, both in visualizing it and executing it. Now my only nit would be along the bottom edge, almost directly in the middle there are 2 or 2 rocks just barely poking into the shot to the left of the grass. I would clone those out.

But man... what a super cool shot. I am voting for this one!

Jim

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:02 AM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Plunge

Awesome shot, I feel the water and the height.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
kylebarendrick
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Plunge

The water is beautifully rendered and makes me feel like I'm being pulled over the edge. Nicely done.

Jul 24, 2013 at 03:22 PM
MajeedB
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Plunge

I don't even want to know where you might have stood to get such a shot. The results translate the height and movement of the water very well, making this an excellent shot in my book.

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Plunge

That's a fantastic perspective; top-of-the-falls shots don't often work, but this one surely does. The framing and composition also takes advantage of the unique viewpoint, and execution of the final combination is great as well. I don't disagree that darkening the trees in the upper left and cloning out the rock tips at the bottom would fine tune this, but it is powerful enough to be fine the way it is.

Dave

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:13 PM
JustinPoe
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Plunge

What an amazing shot.

The lengths you went to in order to achieve this angle makes it all the greater. Well done.

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Plunge

Awesome shot! Looks like a very dangerous undertaking but you did it right. The composition is spot on. Different take on a familiar subject. very nice

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:23 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Plunge

Dude. Awesome.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
dbehrens
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Plunge

Sweet! I would say the Galen Rowell approach served you well. . . and the 14mm captured this nicely w/o any crazy distortion.
Dave

Jul 25, 2013 at 01:09 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Plunge

I love this Artur

Morris

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:56 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password