FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Oregon coast twilight.

Bjadelberg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oregon coast twilight.

I'm sure this shot isn't for everyone but this was taken a few hours after Golden Tide as promised here is the image. A total of 4 shots were taken to create this. 2 for the dynamic range, one for the water and one for the stars. I know its a little crazy but I really wanted something super surreal. C and C welcomed have a great night everyone!

Brian Adelberg

Fluidity.

NEw edit with the blue and magentas adjusted for comparison.

Edited on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM · View previous versions

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oregon coast twilight.

Yes, it definitely has the cold light look. I like the idea but would try a blend with a slight warmer light in the bottom half. Just my 2c.

Dan

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oregon coast twilight.

Hey Brian,

What a cool shot you have here. Now I know my friend Dan means well, but for a sureal type look you need to stay with the bluish/purple tones you have. Warming any of it up would take away from that.

Good job with it, you have my vote!

Jim

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oregon coast twilight.

Well, the pink/purple toning surely isn't for everyone. Personally I like it. The other thing I like very much is the fact, that besides the toning, the shot looks very real to me. There appears to be just the right amount of stars for the twilight hour.

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:47 AM
DSC01
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oregon coast twilight.

Brian, I think it looks great I would not change anything It sounds like you had a vision for this image and you realized it and that's what it's all about. regards,
Dean

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:55 AM
Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oregon coast twilight.

I thinks it's well seen. I guess when I go there next month, I'm not getting much sleep!

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:09 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Oregon coast twilight.

Love it as is, great job.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:35 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Oregon coast twilight.

Fricken awesome man. These shots sure are fun to capture and then take the time to put together. How big do you think you could print this while maintaining quality detail? The bottom water looks a bit noisy (might be my monitor) but the rest looks super clean.

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:08 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Oregon coast twilight.

I will have to remember this when I am on the coast next and if I am cursed with mostly cloudless skies.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Oregon coast twilight.

I will have to remember this when I am on the coast next and if I am cursed with mostly cloudless skies.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Oregon coast twilight.

dswiger wrote:
Yes, it definitely has the cold light look. I like the idea but would try a blend with a slight warmer light in the bottom half. Just my 2c.

Dan

Hey Dan I appreciate the suggestion I actually thought the same and did play around with that for awhile. The problem however is when warming the foreground water with a warm color, everything would go way to magenta. I played around with it for awhile and found a happy medium and this is the result. I appreciate it. Thanks

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Oregon coast twilight.

Justin Grimm wrote:
Fricken awesome man. These shots sure are fun to capture and then take the time to put together. How big do you think you could print this while maintaining quality detail? The bottom water looks a bit noisy (might be my monitor) but the rest looks super clean.

Jason I could print this as big as my Canon 5DM2 with some software (Perfect Resize ect.) will let me The entire file is super clean excluding a little CA on the left of the main sea stack I need to remove before printing. I think I got a little crazy on the sharpening, I should have not sharpened that water as much also a little compression from Flikr isn't helping as well. Thanks for looking out, I'll probably see you in the next couple of weeks

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Oregon coast twilight.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it! I'm kinda surprised on how many like this, I wasn't sure anyone besides myself would. Thanks again

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Oregon coast twilight.

I really like your image. The details are engrossing and your skill in PP was superb.

Chuck

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Oregon coast twilight.

It's a tad too purple for my taste but everything else I like. The composition, the elements and the luminosities. Good stuff!

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:29 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Oregon coast twilight.

The enhanced purple reinforces the nighttimeness of the scene, and I'd keep it. This is a perfect example of using creative license with a photograph to communicate something about nature. A beautiful, expressive work.

Dave

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:51 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Oregon coast twilight.

What a cool capture! I really like this. Dave

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:11 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Oregon coast twilight.

You created a beauty Brian

Morris

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:58 PM
codyhatch

[X]
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Oregon coast twilight.

Twilight is the best time of the day, in my opinion, and you have captured its colors well. Great composition and exposure.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Oregon coast twilight.

I like it.
However, for surreal look, maybe it makes sense to shift blue a bit towards cyan, and make it less saturated, leaving purple as is.

Sasha.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.