Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How would you react if Bride says she doesn't like her bridal photos? |
That's a lot of pressure for the upcoming wedding then.
Did she find you through referral? And took a look at your work before deciding to hire you (noticed you only have landscape on your website)? Or did she pick you for your pricing? Maybe offer a redo. But definitely find out what she doesn't like and what you can do to get shots she'll like if you plan on doing that wedding.
Your photos range in lighting and composition. Some of my thoughts:
- 8048 and 8049 are very similar, can change hand poses or angle of shot instead of having two very similar
- For 8189, consider converting it to B+W and adjusting for contrast+temperature. Would have been neat to have a full-frontal so you could see her feet & shoes also (if one is going to shoot most of the person's body, might as well do all of it unless it was a rushed shot). She looks a bit big in this photo, so a slightly sideways/profile shot (imagine if she turned another 60 degrees to her counter-clockwise, with both hands grasping a flower that she is smelling--zoomed in) might be a good alternative
- 8133. I like this one. Think an alternate with her head back and arms up behind her head with her eyes closed would be a neat shot
- 8129, looks as if the flash was not bounced, or bounced too close. Lower the flash power by 2/3rds stop to get more even lighting and less highlights. Bounce off umbrella or through it if you aren't lowering the power
- 8090... when I saw this shot, I was thinking, how would several photos of her silhouette look if the light was coming from outside and you were shooting with -1/3rd stop exposure in RAW format (for more dynamic range). Could be +2-3 shots for her wedding here. And the large window would be a quick and simple frame you could play around with?
Shots you may want to add:
- close-up facial shots (through the veil, from different angles, by windows, etc.)
- the silhouette shots!
Just my two cents as a part-time event and wedding photographer, since you asked. But I may be wrong on some points. =D Definitely figure out what makes her happy before you shoot her wedding though. Else if she happens to know a lot of people, she can impede your venture into wedding photography if she really turns out unhappy.