New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Going Green ...

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Going Green ...

Nature's way.

Feel free to tweak or play ... particular curious @ WB pref's to take out a bit more blue on the second one or not? That and maybe something in a different crop for the first one.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM
pinball_pw
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Going Green ...

Love the first one. I would be tempted to crop up from the bottom to just below the green wall on the left. - Paul

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:22 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Going Green ...

First one takes me to an other worldly place, with a claustrophobic feel and sense of unease, but also quite beautiful. Great capture. +1 on first crop.

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:08 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Going Green ...

Thanks guys. I like the recommendation at the crop, how's this?

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Going Green ...

Nice work, Kent.
I like both variations of the first image. To me they emphasize different things. The original plays the entrance into the verdant greens beyond, almost gray against vibrant greens.
The second brings you into the greens, into the light (in a safe, non-terminal way).
Great finds, nicely executed. And perhaps show material, as if you need more!
Second image is well-executed. Colors look good to me but my eye is not as attuned to subtle color temp/balance issues.
Scott

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:27 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Going Green ...

Thanks Scott,

Interesting that you see a different emphasis in the two crops. Kind goes to my "what's the point" thing ... which I've not decided upon just yet, hence my indecision at where to take it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 01:02 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Going Green ...

I like the view of going through the first image. Any chance you could have gotten it from a higher angle? The first section of dirt/rock looks to me like it's cutting off the rest of the path. I do really like photos with paths or trails in them that make me think "I want to go that way."

Jul 27, 2013 at 02:03 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Going Green ...

Thanks.

Hmmm, at higher angle. My first thought was that I'd have to be Spiderman to climb those walls. But, I guess maybe you just meant maybe a bit higher on the (i.e. bring taller) tripod. I could try that, or maybe put some "shift" on to see how the perspective changes.

+1 @ "I want to go that way."
I tend to think in terms of my goal is to "take you there" ... wherever "there" may be.

Jul 27, 2013 at 06:11 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Going Green ...

I like the mystery you've created by just showing a glimpse of the next tunnel like opening in the distance. I also prefer your first crop, as the rocky platform in the foreground is a resting place and source of interest. It also reinforces the converging lines of the pathway taking you into the photo. A little elf in the foreground would complete the picture for me.

Jul 27, 2013 at 08:38 PM
silvawispa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Going Green ...

They're coming across as oversharpened on my screen.

First one has that nice promise of adventure, but I prefer warmer tones closer to me, with the image cooling with distance. It almost feels like there's an inversion of that happening here. Just a thought.

The second is two images in one. I think you could split it horizontally across the middle and be left with two better shots.

Jul 30, 2013 at 09:57 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.