Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · c+a // 112

sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · c+a // 112

It's been a while since I've posted much here, figured I'd share my last wedding for the summer. It was 112 this day, thankfully most of it was indoors. Despite the weather, most of the guests were pretty relaxed about shooting outdoors for family portraits.

As always, I'm open to real, unfiltered critique & comments. All of these are straight out of LR4. More images on the blog as usual.

Jul 22, 2013 at 09:34 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · c+a // 112

16 is a little oof on her... not bad but it kinda was bothering me.
19 I wish the wb was the same ish for both shots.

Looks like a fun time... I cannot imagine 112... Hopefully it is not that hot when we are shooting in Scottsdale next week.

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:13 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · c+a // 112

Spencer, beautiful set, not surprising.

I'm always curious how others light their reception. To me there's no right way or wrong way, just our individual choices that we make work for us. It looks like you don't use OCF during the reception, just an on-camera flash. Is that right.

Pretty amazing how dark it was in 46 and 47 with the slow shutter speed you were using. I presume all the lights were out.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:15 AM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · c+a // 112

Thanks Doug, good critique there, especially on the mis-matching WB. 112 was certainly hot, but I shot a senior in 118, in the desert, standing on a bunch of river rocks...the heat radiating off the rocks was freaking intense, I almost passed out from the heat.

Thanks friscoron! The ambient fluctuated in the reception hall. Thankfully (NOT) the DJ had a massive multi-colored light array and so I allowed that to be part of the ambient and supplemented with OCF. I had 2 einsteins with reflectors on both camera left and right with 42-45, then a lot of the dancing photos is (like you said) slow shutter drag with on-camera flash to highlight them. Some parts were very dark (only DJ colored lights) other times the lights turned up.

Jul 23, 2013 at 03:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · c+a // 112

Nice set, Spencer!

I don't really feel like I'm qualified to crit. your work, but... I feel like #19 could be a little stronger (he looks uncomfortable to me on the right image) to match the great shots of her on #15.

Are you using the einsteines for everything now? For some reason I was under the impression you were using speedlights for receptions.

-Jayson

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:43 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · c+a // 112

HubbardJA wrote:
Nice set, Spencer!

I don't really feel like I'm qualified to crit. your work, but... I feel like #19 could be a little stronger (he looks uncomfortable to me on the right image) to match the great shots of her on #15.

Are you using the einsteines for everything now? For some reason I was under the impression you were using speedlights for receptions.

-Jayson

Thanks!

It depends on the size of the reception hall, and how high I can get my lights. I prefer the einsteins for recycle rate, and if its a large room, it makes it easier to get more even light by putting them farther away. I still use speedlites some times too, it just depends. Really a case by case basis, and if I feel like lugging extra gear out or not.

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:18 PM
amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · c+a // 112

Dude. 18. Unblocked a little, but 18. Rocks.

Oh, and thank God for huge dance floors. Mine was teeny last week. lol

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:36 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password