Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Google Adwords

lilyphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Google Adwords

I'm sure we all get these calls from time to time...I Just got a call from a company offering to do all the grunt work for Google Adwords and get me on the front page of the Google Ads for the top search keywords in my area.

I know these companies are almost never any good, but I still have a question.

Those that have done Google Adwords either on your own or through a company and have had success getting their add on the front page, does it actually give any ROI? I know that personally I don't pay attention to any of the ads on the side and top of the page but rather go straight to the listed search results.

Thoughts?

**I did a search on this topic and couldn't find much, apologies if it has been discussed to death**

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:43 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #2 · Google Adwords

I do use Google AdWords. Obviously I would prefer to be 100% referral based, and not padding the pockets of unknown Google shareholders, BUT, it earns me roughly $10 in bookings for every $1 I spend, although that benefit seems to taper off quite a bit after spending $300 month, but is still a benefit. I do my Google AdWords work myself, and immediately hang up on anyone calling me about it, trying to sell their consultation services for it.

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:56 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Google Adwords

lilyphoto wrote:
I Just got a call from a company offering to do all the grunt work for Google Adwords

I just got that call.
They made it seem like they were affiliated with Google. Initially, upon first talking with them, they came off as if they were a prospective client looking for wedding coverage.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · Google Adwords

D. Diggler wrote:
I just got that call.
They made it seem like they were affiliated with Google. Initially, upon first talking with them, they came off as if they were a prospective client looking for wedding coverage.

Sneaky!

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:12 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Google Adwords

lilyphoto wrote:
Sneaky!

Oh, yeah! They had me looking at my calendar for open dates!

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Google Adwords

Why do you need someone to do it for you? Google pretty much makes it so easy for you to do it yourself. It is like bidding something on ebay.

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:45 AM
heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Google Adwords

I do it, too. I get mote though trough advertising on e-bay...

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:05 AM
newyorkone
• •
p.1 #8 · Google Adwords

SCAM and they tell every photographer the same scripted lines. We're picking you and singling you out because of your photography, blah, blah , blah and other nonsense.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:02 PM
TheGE
• • •
p.1 #9 · Google Adwords

brianclary wrote:
I do use Google AdWords. Obviously I would prefer to be 100% referral based, and not padding the pockets of unknown Google shareholders, BUT, it earns me roughly $10 in bookings for every $1 I spend, although that benefit seems to taper off quite a bit after spending $300 month, but is still a benefit.

Brother, why the resentment about spending money and helping others build wealth if for every $1 you spend you're getting $10 back? That's a one thousand per cent return on your investment. That sounds like everyone benefits to me.

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:54 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password