Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

XPO239
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

What's up FM! It's been a while since I've posted a set. I just wanted to share my latest wedding with you guys. Let me know what you think.

~ARI

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:23 AM
eephoto
• •
p.1 #2 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

Hi there,

I wanted to post as I hate when I post and see so many lookers but no comments! Personally drives me crazy!!

I'm not sure how I feel about the set if I were honest. It seems like an odd hodgepodge of images, with no story to them or no direction. I would love to see more from the day itself then just a few from the reception all over the place. I hope that makes sense?

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:16 PM
jbrandt378
• •
p.1 #3 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

Hey Ari,

I really like the ones that you posted. I'm guessing you weren't trying to tell the whole day's story here. I like your angles and comps on all the shots and I'm a big fan of the processing.

Great job.

Jason

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:27 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #4 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

Thanks for your thoughts guys! I appreciate it. My intention actually was to try and tell the whole day's story. But to do it with the least amount of photos possible. If the photos I posted didn't do that then I've failed. My goal at every wedding is to tell a story by answering the questions: who, what, when, and where. Here's my thought process as to why I choose these photos:

Who:

I felt that these images shows who these people are. Who they feel about each other and how they interact.

What:

From the cake and what people are wearing, hopefully it's obvious that's it's a wedding.

When & where:

It looks like the wedding took place in some sort of barn in the evening.

In terms of the technicals, I see a lot that I could've improve on with each shot. I was hoping people would catch them and confirm them to me. With that said, I posted more photos throughout the day on my blog: http://justari.com/kristinajoseph-wedding-at-ojai-valley-inn-spa-california/

~ARI

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:23 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

The wooden fence just photobombed ya!

I really like #3. The guys' thumbs up sign gives me a "Band of Brothers" feeling.
Noticed there's another fella with a 70-200L at the end of the walk. Unc. Bob?

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

XPO239
• • •
p.1 #6 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

Ghost wrote:
Noticed there's another fella with a 70-200L at the end of the walk. Unc. Bob?

It was the videographer. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with them lately.

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:40 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #7 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

If the intent is telling a story with few images and you feel like you've got the content, maybe it's the arrangement? Sort of like trying to write a sentence with all the words in the wrong places. I think also we tend to feel more connected to our own images because we have the association of physically being there, so we see a lot more in an image than some on-looker might. Just a thought.

Some really nice shots in this set--a little odd though that nearly half of the images are during toasts. Unless that was a major component of the day?

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:21 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #8 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

There's a purpose to why the arrangements are out of oder. I believe that an image should have impact even as a stand-alone image. If it can't stand lone, then it's not a great image.

Interesting observation about most of the photos being from toast. I didn't notice that. I guess that's when most of the good moments happened.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:26 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #9 · Ojai Valley Wedding Pics

Yeah I'm not saying it should necessarily be chronological. I was kind of responding to the fact that when you did your written explanation, you started with the "who" and then continued to post in a different order.

I agree with you that images should have an impact as a stand-alone image. But there's something to be said about synergy and adding impact when the set has a flow to it that a viewer can follow along without having to think. Although this all depends on what you are wanting to communicate and to what audience, I'd imagine.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:46 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password