Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Macro lens shootout, Canon vs. Leica review

aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Macro lens shootout, Canon vs. Leica review

I've sequestered myself in my air conditioned studio as the hert here on the East coast has become truly unbearable. To break my boredom factor, after all, how many episodes of Big bang Theory can one watch 6 times? I decided to do a lens comparison with the Canon 100MM 2.8 L IS and the Leica 120MM Macro for the S2. It is actually pretty interesting. As you may be aware, there is a huge price differential in these lenses. Since I own both of them, I guess I could justify each purchase, but having looked at the results from this quick and simple test, I've got to wonder if there is any way the disparity can be justified. I say that being a fan of Leica - as well as Canon.
Perhaps this is the kind of review that may cure G.A.S. in some of us.

I wrote the long form up on my blog: www.foto-gizmo.blogspot.com, so you can see the full version there if you care to.

I wanted to post some of the images from the blog article but I keep running into the size limitation here at FM. I don't have the time to resize them now, so please bear with me.

Jul 21, 2013 at 08:14 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password