Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Orange County Fair

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Orange County Fair

A couple from the fair last night.....

Canon EOS M    EF-M22mm f/2 STM lens    22mm    f/2.2    1/800s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS M    EF-M22mm f/2 STM lens    22mm    f/2.0    1/640s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Fried....Veggies?

Canon EOS M    EF-M22mm f/2 STM lens    22mm    f/2.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 21, 2013 at 03:30 PM
wclavey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Orange County Fair

*Totally* fried...

I especially like the 2nd shot... great combination of exposure, composition, drama...

Jul 21, 2013 at 04:32 PM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Orange County Fair

Great set Greg, the first two are beauties, the last one certainly gave me a laugh, I doubt they are sponsored by the heart foundation

Cheers Ray

Jul 21, 2013 at 08:55 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Orange County Fair

Thanks Wes and Ray! Yeah, I threw that last one in for some fair-food related humor. It's no wonder Americans are get getting fat (me included) due to the constant "never enough" mentality we have. Being someone who considers himself a "home" chef, I am paying for my years of this type of gluttony.....

Jul 21, 2013 at 09:32 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Orange County Fair

Good set Greg, and as I understand some congrats are in order for an entry of yours!
Douglas

Jul 21, 2013 at 09:33 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Orange County Fair

Nice set Greg. That second one is my favorite. I really like the comp and drama of that one. I just got an EOS-M recently so I'll be giving that camera a try at the fair as well.

Jul 21, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Orange County Fair

An excellent set, Greg.
The first image stands alone as a fine shot- and as a lead-in to the second, I think it's really helpful also.
That second shot is terrific in many ways- all set up by the perspective- which is highly imaginative.
And the third is a humorous reminder of the silly excitements I had at such carnivals when I was a kid. But where's the cotton candy?
Charlie

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Orange County Fair

douter wrote:
Good set Greg, and as I understand some congrats are in order for an entry of yours!
Douglas

Thanks Douglas!

G

Jul 22, 2013 at 08:22 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Orange County Fair

Tuan Le wrote:
Nice set Greg. That second one is my favorite. I really like the comp and drama of that one. I just got an EOS-M recently so I'll be giving that camera a try at the fair as well.

Thanks Tuan! Yeah, it's lacks in some areas, but for this type of shooting, it does really well, and no one cares that your taking pictures, because from a distance, it looks like any other point and shoot....hope to see you Thursday night!

Greg

Jul 22, 2013 at 08:23 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Orange County Fair

Charlie Shugart wrote:
An excellent set, Greg.
The first image stands alone as a fine shot- and as a lead-in to the second, I think it's really helpful also.
That second shot is terrific in many ways- all set up by the perspective- which is highly imaginative.
And the third is a humorous reminder of the silly excitements I had at such carnivals when I was a kid. But where's the cotton candy?
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. I had to fight the urge to stop at everyone of them. I'm sure I have a shot of the cotton candy vendor, just didn't process it yet....

Greg

Jul 22, 2013 at 08:24 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Orange County Fair

second and third really stand out for me
great processing, great angle in the second
in the first image, which I like, the vignette feels too apparent
wonderful sky to work with
BTW, these remind me of some LensWork image I have seen in the past. BW interpretations of amusement parks. With a similar and effective dreamy quality

Scott

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
James McQueen
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Orange County Fair

Great images Greg. Congradulations on your win of the dog reading the book also.

- Jim

Jul 25, 2013 at 01:59 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Orange County Fair

sbeme wrote:
second and third really stand out for me
great processing, great angle in the second
in the first image, which I like, the vignette feels too apparent
wonderful sky to work with
BTW, these remind me of some LensWork image I have seen in the past. BW interpretations of amusement parks. With a similar and effective dreamy quality

Scott

Thanks Scott. I added a bit of vignette to the first one to try to contain the ferris wheel, but might have added a touch too much. Still learning the limits and capabilities of this remarkable little camera..!

Greg

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:43 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Orange County Fair

James McQueen wrote:
Great images Greg. Congradulations on your win of the dog reading the book also.

- Jim

Thanks James! I had a coupe of florals in the show as well, but neither of those placed. Still pretty proud to have had three in the show considering the competition!

Greg

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:46 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password