Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Eye fi - fallen apart twice now.

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eye fi - fallen apart twice now.

I bought the 16 gb model in feb. by march the bottom had basically split. It mostly lived in one camera, moved maybe ten times.

I contacted eye fi and they sent me out a replacement. I pit it in the 5n and it say for a month or so. Moved in and out of a slot for configuration and then to remove from the nex as I went to sell. Sure enough as it came out I noticed a bit of plastic on the bottom had come off.

I wondered if it was something in the camera but it seems fine, no other cards have given issue...and after the second failure I tried a few times with anther one. Can't replicate it.

So - is Eye fi known for crap build quality, is this a run of bad luck, any thoughts or relatable experiences! Is this a known issue that I don't know about..bad batch, bad product?

I replied to the initial replacement mail but haven't seen a response in about 3 days..guess ill have to open another ticket.

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:45 AM
ISO1600
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eye fi - fallen apart twice now.

I think the first eye-fi card i had also fell apart.... forgot about it until now. The earlier versions of the card had severe issues though in other areas as well.

Have you tried the newer Mobi cards? They are set up to transfer only to your mobile device, and require NO desktop/computer setup- they work literally right out of the box. Much better than the other cards, if putting the files onto your phone/tablet works for you.

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:50 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eye fi - fallen apart twice now.

Yah. The issue I have is. This thing wasn't cheap for what it is! I just can't believe how poorly built it is

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:22 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.