New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

clay23
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

Ill throw in another for the D200.. Been using it since purchased in '06. Ive shot with a few newer cameras, mainly my jobs staff d3200, and they do not get the same colors the 200 can, not even close!

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Erie Patsellis
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

Depending on what I'm shooting, the d1x, D2hs or the D2x are all ulra reliable second (or sometimes primary) bodies.

When shooting fill flash in direct sun, the hybrid shutter of the D1x lets me sync at any shutter speed with my Lumedyne strobes, for sports, the images from the D2Hs are wonderful, without hige file sizes ( and having 8fps doesn't hurt). At base ISO, nothing compares to the D2x's rich colors.

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Randy Roy
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

I still use a D50 from time to time. Also have one converted for IR.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

It's the D40 for me. Small, affordable, and will shoot clean images up to ISO 1600. (a remarkable feat at the time, also considering its low price point)

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:55 PM
Stdon
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

Still have my D1X and BatteryBarn Batts have taken the sting out of the horrid Nikon things. Also the images interpolate to 10mp do the the photosite arrangement. She has served me well without complaint in weather from -15 in a blizzard with a 1/4" of frost on the back to +120 in Arizona. You can beat most other camera bodies into smithereens with it and it will still work. In fact I rent mine out to a newspaper photography dept. when theirs are in for CLP.

Jul 24, 2013 at 03:09 AM
OO7MIKE
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Revered Old Nikon DSLR ?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I may pick up a few classic bodies just for that special look and feel. So far it looks like the D1x / D2X and the D70 are the favorites.

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.