Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Mother and Daughter

douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Mother and Daughter

A candid capture. What improvements could I make. I did reduce saturation, brightened eyes, and a little cosmetic.

Thank you for your advice.
Douglas

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
eeneryma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Mother and Daughter

This little girl has the most beautiful eyes and an angelic face. What a proud mom. I would try to blur the distracting background. In the future, when setting up the shot, try to find a "clean" background. Not sure what lens you used, but a prime portrait lens would also help you blur the background.
You might also want to pp some more of the minor skin imperfections on the mother's face with the spot healing brush. In general, color seems a little off, on the magenta side, but could be my monitor. Mother's right eye (pink tinge)seems a little odd and may need some pp.
Any other portraits of just the little girl?

Jul 20, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Almass
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Mother and Daughter

So peaceful picture.

The candid capture is simply very nice.

Besides the usual clean up, two issues are left at thand:
1- The White of the Mum's eyes seems to have been altered.
2- The color difference between the skin of both Mum and child.

This could be corrected with the original file.
On a personal level, I like to see the color of the Iris or at least the tonality but unfortunately this is not to be in thic pic. It is advisable to have at least a minute tone difference between the Iris and the Pupil. I just tried to recuperate the brightness for an overall feel.

I cleaned the Mum's face and gave a little smile to the little girl as it just seemed the right thing to do to bring the message home.

When I was done, the picture was screaming for a B/W rendition and this is my participation:

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password