Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f2.8 VR

WestcoastHD
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f2.8 VR

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   FS Nikon AFS 300mm f2.8G VR I Lens

Item Sold

Price: $3,750.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: FexEx CONUS

The AFS 300 f2.8G VR is one of Nikon's best primes in terms of speed, build quality and handling. I purchased this lens used from a fellow FM member Alan in 2012; the lens was listed in excellent 9+ condition with a couple of minor wear marks.

The glass is pristine inside and out, no visible dust, the focus ring is smooth, all the buttons look and work as if new. Mechanically and optically the lens is perfect, if not for the cosmetic marks present when I purchased the lens it would be in absolute mint condition. It is in better shape now then when I received it, and have always had a lens coat cover installed to prevent any new marks. I purchased the lens for extra reach to shoot a few of my sons surf contests. It has been used less than a dozen times since it was serviced last year by Nikon.

Only the items listed below are included with lens:
Kirk LP-47 Foot (works in a RSS ball head clamp)
Factory Foot
Nikon 52mm NC Filter
Rear Lens Cap
Nikon HK-30 Hood
Nikon Soft Front Lens Cover
Nikon CL-L1 Soft Case
Factory Manual
Warranty Paper Work

The lens was sent to Nikon at the beginning of April 2012 for a check and clean, which was over $400 dollars. The lens made a second trip to El Segundo at the end of April 2012, and Nikon replaced the complete VR mechanism with a new module. In addition to the VR, Nikon also checked the AF and auto focus motor, so the most common areas of repair have all been inspected and function correctly. I have a copy of the second service by Nikon and can send it to a serious buyer for verification of the VR repair.

The new VR module is fantastic, it's much quieter, and really stabilizes the image in the view finder. It behaves more like the way my 200-400 VR worked and I suspect similar to the VR II version of this lens. I have had absolutely no issues with this lens since the Nikon repair listed above. I find the IQ outstanding having used it with a D700, D7000 and an older D300 body. For transparency I want potential buyers to know the wear marks have been retouched, they are cosmetic only and do not stand out.

Note: The Surf photo was taken with a D300 and 1.7TC for an effective focal length of 760mm. The TC's and extras shown in some photos on my web site are not included. In addition to FM, I am a long time member of the Nikonian forum with many successful posts (>600) and transactions under westcoast. The item has been accurately described and additional photos are available upon request. As a private seller, I cannot afford returns, so please ask all your questions before the sale.

The listed price includes both PayPal and FedEx Ground shipping CONUS with full insurance. The buyer will need to pay the difference if another shipping method is desired. PayPal is the only method that I will accept for out of town buyers. If you are local to SO CAL, you can arrange to inspect the items for sale, and I will accept cash. An adult signature will be required at time of delivery, and the shipping address should match your PayPal account.

Surf

Vert

Rear

Front

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password