Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Scott Mosher
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

I shot this in early June. First of 7 weddings I was either main or 2nd shooting that month. Crazy month, but good. This was a really fun couple and I was looking forward to the wedding. Due to ceremony time & reception time we decided to do all the B&G portraits before the ceremony, so we got a chance to do a first look, which normally doesn't happen for me at the LDS weddings.

The reception was at the brides house, and it was nicely decorated, though the wind knocked down anything that wasn't tied down.

Full set is here:
http://www.scottmosherphotography.com/blog/lds-wedding-photography-oakland-lds-temple-bay-area-wedding-photographer-hodgman/

4. I REALLY wish they would move that garbage can!

5. MOB made all the dresses herself

6. Shot by my 2nd shooter, Stan (who's here on FM)

8. I was REALLY pressed for time. They loved it, but I felt I could do something better with it.

23. Probably one of the best cakes I've tasted. It was done by a baker who got 3rd on "Next Great Baker".

25. I even made my photo appearance at this wedding

26. The groomsmen came up to me towards the end. Convo went something like this. "How long are you staying tonight?" I said, "Til the B&G leave, then I'm heading to get dinner & home." Groomsmen - "We're gonna jump in the pool after they leave." Me - "I'm staying for that for sure!"

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

I think your details are really strong in this set. You did a good job there. On the first look and some of the portraits you chose some really rough light. You did a decent job of salvaging it, but I would try to be a bit more selective of those spots...

Regarding the trash can....
It looks like you had a few options in this one. 1. Crop it. 2. Move to the right and block it with the pillar or 3. Shoot tighter. I think you could've eliminated it:

On this one if they had taken 3 steps forward and you shot with a longer lens, then bye bye trash can:

For this one, I hate dip shots, but the right shot is much better than the left. The light looks awesome! It deserved to be much bigger than a few hundred pixels. There's no need for two identical shots. Have the confidence to tell us which one is best. You tell us, we shouldn't have to tell you:

This is a great and expressive kiss shot!

Jul 20, 2013 at 02:51 AM
nikonftw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Scott great consistent processing. I want to see 9B!

Tony, great critique.

Thanks to both for sharing.

Jul 20, 2013 at 04:17 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Nice set! The cake appears to be leaning to the left a bit though.

Jul 20, 2013 at 07:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Here is the one image larger.

@ Tony - we were stuck doing their portraits at 10-11:30 and we had harsh light galore. The ring ceremony later was tough as the groom moved so he could shield his new wife from the sun. Surprisingly I uploaded this one and a more traditional shot of them in a different area to FB. The other more boring shot got waaay more likes than this one. But its one of my favs. I wish I had her arm down more instead of facing me.

Jul 20, 2013 at 03:22 PM
joosay
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Nice job! Love these! #9 is my favorite - both of em.

Jul 20, 2013 at 03:32 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Scott Mosher wrote:
Surprisingly I uploaded this one and a more traditional shot of them in a different area to FB. The other more boring shot got waaay more likes than this one.

http://scottmosherphotography.com/files/2013-06-08-057.jpg

Amazing shot!!! It's funny how that works out sometimes..... many times the shots that get the most likes from our weddings are mediocre to me. I still don't understand it

Jul 20, 2013 at 03:56 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Steph & Jon: Oakland LDS Wedding

Hi Scott!

I think this is a really solid set! You handled that harsh light pretty damn well in the first look. Well done. They seem very happy and in love and you do a fine job of conveying that!

I'm also a fan of the moments you captured during this set. You did a nice job of finding moments and composing them so there is enough context to see what is happening (ie 15, 20, 22, 24). In that same vein, I would have liked to have seen you pull back a bit for #7. Seeing more of the guests reactions would have made for a stronger shot. I'd scrap #19 as it appears that she is itching her nose Sometimes the moments just dont work out.

But all in all, this is nice. You move the camera around and shoot wide, medium, cut away shots, and tele shots quite well. This makes for a visually interesting set.

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:06 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password