Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · in the rain...

heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · in the rain...

Ok, I now finally learned how to insert pics here correctly.

C&C very welcome. DonŽt be shy, I want to learn!

thank you,

heiko

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:18 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · in the rain...

A few thoughts on this. Your work reminds me of Dan Pettaway a little bit in that you see the world differently than most people. That's a fantastically awesome thing. The challenge is to refine that vision into something that most people can appreciate. This set strikes me as a starting point. There's lots of very close ups and odd angles that would work fine if the subject was strong. But I think you're still lacking the cooperation of a strong subject with an interesting view.

Here's a few examples where I don't think the subject is doing much:

And at this point the double exposure thing is amazingly already cliche. But if you're going to do it, nail it. The bride looks like she's just standing there for no reason. If you're going to pose her, then really pose her:

Lastly, I'll say that I think over half the photos are the bride getting ready. I'd love to see more of the day instead.

Jul 20, 2013 at 02:37 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · in the rain...

I found this set pretty interesting, Heiko!

You used light in a very interesting fashion for the getting ready photos. I like the effect it had on the first image. This is a nice 'cut away' shot. But if you look at the first 11 images they are all basically the same featuring mainly one subject. That gets really boring. You could accomplish the same thing from a blog presentation by posting only one! BUT, take an image like #6 and shoot that wider in that same light and I bet you'd catch some really great reactions/responses from the other people in the room! Because you 'shrunk the room' by shooting so tight, we'll never know their reaction.

i really like this image and find it very sexy...a kick ass BW conversion would be great here:

this image is also very stong:

I really find your view of the day interesting and think you should keep driving for a more refined vision. It seems like you know where you want to go with your photography, now just get there!

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · in the rain...

Thank you Tony and Chuck!

... for your very informative feedback. I think I know what you two mean and will try to improve.

I am not sure if a b&w conversion would work for this gettinng ready shot. You know, the door is very bright, i assume that will take away too much attention. But I will try, and if it works IŽll post it.

Again, so much appreciated this here!!!

heiko

Jul 22, 2013 at 09:40 AM
J Knight

p.1 #5 · in the rain...

The use of light in the first photos is not overly flattering to this particular brides skin.

Like the overall look of these photos though.

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
jbrandt378
• •
p.1 #6 · in the rain...

I really like your approach to shooting and the angles you take. I think that your processing is very different than many photographers. It seems very deliberate and almost to dark. I tend to vision a wedding day through bright and colorful images. My 2 cents.

I think you captured the day very well.

Jason

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password