Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

mbpautz762
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

To clarify, these would be a cheaper alternative to something like Red Tree albums, but above the consumer grade stuff like shutterfly/mypublisher, etc.
Has anyone here had personal experience with using their products as albums for their clients? They look quite good for the price, but they are tough to find review on for quality of workmanship, longevity, etc.

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:21 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I made one last year for my mother in law with photos of my son. They are pretty good for the price. But the entire album is glued together. You don't get the stitched binding you get with higher end products and I think that would definitely have an impact on longevity.

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:44 PM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

thank you! that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any recommendations on album suppliers that are maybe a step up from adoramapix, but still usable for a low-priced photographer? ($1500 range)

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:47 PM
bwield
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Finao playbooks
Kiss linen albums

Jul 19, 2013 at 07:02 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I have this album sitting in my living room for like a month. When I take it out of the case, the pages warped.

IMO, it is not bad at all for the price. It is a ton better than snap fish/blurb album.

Jul 19, 2013 at 07:03 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I have never made one for a client... but I have made a few books for portfolio display or freebies to share some of my work with others. I like the HD paper best for tone & color rendition.

Jul 19, 2013 at 07:45 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Simply canvas has some reasonable books as well.

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Robin Usagani wrote:
I have this album sitting in my living room for like a month. When I take it out of the case, the pages warped.

IMO, it is not bad at all for the price. It is a ton better than snap fish/blurb album.

I discussed with the AdoramaPix Manager; he tells me that he may know the cause and would like to help.

Please can you email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number.

Thanks

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Jul 21, 2013 at 02:31 PM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I use them. I spent a lot of time researching the various "high end consumer" album companies and so far they are the best in terms of quality and price. The big thing for me is that I wanted thick-ish pages that laid flat with no gutter. I believe Adorama is the only one in this price range that offers this.

But, it is a glued spine and with each open and close of the album, the cover's spine gets more creased (but so far has not cracked or anything, just a faint visible crease line). I have not had any issues with pages warping and I have a sample album that's 1 year old, is always sitting out, and I live in a humid state.

Jul 21, 2013 at 02:43 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

This is a few years old but it may be useful to you.

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/97676/13/1/15

Jul 21, 2013 at 04:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I used them for my brother-in-law's sign in book.

Far better print quality than a normal cheap book (real photo paper!). Construction is nothing to rave about though.

Jul 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

SloPhoto wrote:
I used them for my brother-in-law's sign in book.

Far better print quality than a normal cheap book (real photo paper!). Construction is nothing to rave about though.

We are always keen to learn from our customers what works - and what doesn't; I'd be grateful if you could email me directly: Helen@adorama.com and let me know what it is about the construction that you'd like to see us do differently.

Helen Oster

Jul 21, 2013 at 07:51 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Helen Oster wrote:
We are always keen to learn from our customers what works - and what doesn't; I'd be grateful if you could email me directly: Helen@adorama.com and let me know what it is about the construction that you'd like to see us do differently.

Helen Oster

There is nothing you can do for the price you charge. It is still an easy first choice in the <$100 bracket.

But yup, you rock.

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
xcel730
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

I've used Adoramapix mainly for my personal album (e.g., family and travel). However, I've sold 6 albums for newborn / children photography sessions that I've done. All of my clients simply love them and commented how much better the album looked in comparison to what they do themselves.

From what I know, Adoramapix cost more than the standard consumer labs (e.g., Shutterfly, MyPublisher, Blurb, etc). However, their quality is so much better. They are printed on lustre photo paper and are thicker than the press print book style from the other labs.

A few positives:

1. In my opinion, the price to quality ratio is really great. You're getting a lot of bang for your buck

2. They are one of the few vendors that I'm aware of that offer true gutterless layflat books at this price. I love panorama two-page spreads and it helps that there's no gutter in the middle.

3. The pages are thick and are printed on Fuji photo paper, which feels much higher quality than the press book style albums.

4. Adoramapix flash-based software is really easy to use. I use InDesign for the past few years for my album design, but awhile back, when I didn't know how to use InDesign, I simply design my album in Adoramapix. I remember it was such an easy to use software (though occasionally buggy). I did all the designs manually, but Adoramapix has a lot of templates to choose from.

5. Speed - They typically finish assembling the album within 3 days. From my recollection, all of the albums came within 1 week of ordering.

A few negatives though:

1. The front / back cover are photographic paper as well. They scratch fairly easily, so you have to be careful with handling. Definitely opt to get the "boutique packaging", which is about $8 more but protects the album.

2. The front / back cover have a metallic sheen, so anything that's white are easily blown out, so you have to bring the exposure down just a tad for the covers.

3. One of my album that is about 3 years old and I've opened / closed it perhaps 20-30 times in the past 3 years and there are signs of crease on the cover.

4. One of my album that is about 1 year old and a small section of the gluing that glues the album pages to the back cover seem to be coming off a little. (may need to contact Adorampix to see if I can resolve that myself).

5. One way Adoramapix keep the price low is by having set number of pages. You can create a photo album that has 26, 38, 50 or 76 pages. I've been in situations where I have 52 pages and struggle to get rid of that one spread (two pages) or in situations where I have 48 pages and I have to create a mediocre spread to hit the 50 page mark.

6. Occasionally, I find the color to be a little duller than I would like. It's almost like they reduced a bit saturation and contrast when printing. Note, Adoramapix does my color corrections for the albums that I found to be duller. They do have an ICC color profile that you can download and if you calibrate your monitor correctly, you can choose NOT to have Adoramapix do your color corrections. Only my wife and I could tell the difference. When other people see the album, they think they're awesome and have no problem with the color or anything.

For me, Adoramapix is a good value album and I still use them for myself and clients. I use other vendors as well, but I fully understand that I will be paying at least double or triple the price of Adoramapix.

The best advice is to get their smaller size album as a sample (especially when they have discounts) and make an album for yourself. You sort of have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Edited on Jul 23, 2013 at 06:34 PM · View previous versions

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

+1 everything xcel730's replied.

If your client wants a more expensive album/book they simply need to pay more. These books are pretty darn good for the price!

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:01 AM
xcel730
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Speaking of discounts. I just received an email notification from Adoramapix that they're having a 30% site wide discount from now till 7/31, so not a bad time to test the photo book quality if you're interested.

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:21 PM
newyorkone
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

xcel730 wrote:
Speaking of discounts. I just received an email notification from Adoramapix that they're having a 30% site wide discount from now till 7/31, so not a bad time to test the photo book quality if you're interested.

Is there a promo code for this? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the site. Would love to try creating an album to see if this will work for my clients. Thanks!

Steven

P.S. I think it's odd that they don't have vendor pricing. Everyone, consumer or photographer pays the same thing. That part makes it slightly less a professional option for me. Curious what others think about this.

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:58 PM
xcel730
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

newyorkone wrote:
Is there a promo code for this? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the site. Would love to try creating an album to see if this will work for my clients. Thanks!

Steven

P.S. I think it's odd that they don't have vendor pricing. Everyone, consumer or photographer pays the same thing. That part makes it slightly less a professional option for me. Curious what others think about this.

I'm not sure about the etiquette of posting on a public forum. I'll send you the code via PM.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:00 PM
xcel730
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

Actually, if you go on to Adoramapix Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AdoramaPix), they have a special promotion.

30% off until 7/30. Different code from my email and my code gets an extra day (expires 7/31), but it's 30% you can use to create a sample album.

PROMO CODE: PXFACEB30K

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:07 PM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Does anyone here use AdoramaPix for their wedding albums?

wow...thank you all for your help! It would be silly not to get a sample album at that price. I figure I can always use it as a less expensive parent album option as well

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:23 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password