Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Visuals
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/sony-did-it-they-will-soon-launch-a-lens-with-builtin-camera-smallest-mirrorless-camera-ever/

If they can do some S$&*%T like this then you know a FF-NEX is a definite!!!
Sony to launch a lens with a camera built in!? Really!? KEEP PUSHING THE COMPETITION AGAINST THE WALL SONY!!!!

Jul 19, 2013 at 01:07 PM
HopeIsEternal
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Dumbest thing I ever heard!
How is this that much different than the deceased Ricoh GRX interchange sensor cameras and lenses.

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:49 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

I think this is a great idea, assuming the lens/sensor is very compact. I never use a P&S camera, because I already have my cell in my pocket, so I don't want to bring along another little brick for my pocket. If the new Sony is tiny, I'd bring it along all the time, but it really all hinges on the size, so I can't wait to see it.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

HopeIsEternal wrote:
How is this that much different than the deceased Ricoh GRX interchange sensor cameras and lenses.

Oh come now, surely if your getting a camera along with your lens you can't feel its as much of a scam on the part of lens makers ?

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Or any fixed lens camera such as x100/s DP123M G1-11 LX1-7... who would be so dumb to buy a lens that has a sensor fixed on it??!! [/sarcasm]

HopeIsEternal wrote:

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

I guess Sony is going to shoot themselves in the foot and make it compatible only with Sony cellphones...

Jul 20, 2013 at 08:14 AM
amplexis
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

not finding "WVIL" i started a new thread, forgive me.
but wow am i happy to see this.
this is what i have wanted for a long time. a modular camera where display is independent of image capture.
the inventors of UNIX came up with a modular OS called PLAN9 where storage, processing and IO where classes of devices on a wire. i always wanted a camera designed this way.
this is an RX1 where you connect whatever eyepiece or 3rd party display you want. software holds it all together.
i use an ipad now for focusing and automating shots.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

alwang
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Not interested in this product per se, but if they build some of this technology into their Nex and a-mount cameras, that would allow sharing of images immediately after shooting, without fiddling with EyeFi. Would also be useful to tether a camera to a tablet quickly for live view.

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Yeah, this is pretty interesting. Kinda like the company (or group?) who printed the entire encyclopedia on the head of pin some years back. I guess the usefulness is on par as well. It's certainly not for me. Heck, I already think my GH2 is too small.

Jul 20, 2013 at 02:26 PM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

My concern is how secure the clip on mechanism is. If you need to use one hand to hold the lens, the other hand to hold the phone, the third hand to press the touch screen button...

And why not just carry a standalone pocket camera that can be operated by one hand?

Um... I think a camera that can transmit image to and be controlled by google glass would be even more awesome. "Okay glass, take a sneaky shot"

Jul 20, 2013 at 02:38 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

Handling a camera is just more fun for me than holding a lens on one hand and a cell phone on the other. It actually gives me the heebeejeebees, reminds me of that nervous feeling during lens changes.

Jul 20, 2013 at 02:51 PM
theSuede
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

I think the (nowadays quite small) delay between reality / viewfinder in a EVF based camera is still way to much to enable any kind of comfortable moving-target photography.

Imagine having to introduce ANOTHER two delay/relay points - one wireless connection to the phone, and one additional processing chain in the phone, before you see the image on the phone screen.

Cool idea, nonetheless. But where's the battery? you need focusing motor, radio communication, liveView feed processing and so on.

Jul 21, 2013 at 06:39 AM
amplexis
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Thank you Sony Pt 2

i like it because i am shooting lots of tethered panos with a wireless servo control at the end of a long pole. i control the camera with camranger. a superlight lens/sensor package would let me use balloons and other gizmos to place my camera. i just want good and complete camera control that is wireless remote. and i love composing and focusing with a retna display.
And since i am so disappointed that Sony gave the NEX cameras only IR remote control and have no good software or IDE for the Alphas, I still can't use my NEX-7 for shots like this where i really need remote. So Sony doing a component camera is especially appreciated.

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:00 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password