Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #1 · New puter and workflow |
My new laptop will be here in a couple of weeks. (i7, 16GB DDR3, 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD). I feel like I am starting fresh so I really want to revise my workflow. This is the way I do it right now (only with one 1.5 TB puter):
1. Import photos via. LR. I have 2 settings for import. One is "personal", one is "project". The personal one goes to MyPictures/date/.., The project one goes to MyDocument/Project/date/.. Everything (personal and work) go to the same catalog.
2. Culling with LR. Flag for the ones I like. Delete the ones I know I wont use.
3. Edit using presets. Take it as far as possible as I can and avoid PS.
4. For photos that I feel I need to take it further and use photoshop, I have an export setting "Edit JPG". This will automatically create a high res of this raw file (with the edits), add it to the same library. I then unflag the raw. Then I right click the jpeg and click, edit with Photoshop, edit original.
5. Export high res into "High Resolution" folder within the same folder as the raws. I also do "Low Resolution" with my signature within the same folder.
6. Upload the high resolution to my online gallery.
7. Send low res to client for FB post.
I keep the RAW files for about a year to make sure everything is good. I then delete the RAW and keep high res only.
Now that I have an SSD and secondary internal drive, how would you do it? (I also have external HD for back up) I am also going to create a RAM drive. Maybe install photoshop in it, I am not sure yet.