New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · RX100 M2

rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RX100 M2

I just received an email from Adorama that my pre-ordered RX100 M2 will ship today! I guess I wasn't expecting them to start shipping for another week but certainly not complaining either!

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:14 PM
Sgt93
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RX100 M2

I was just going to create a thread stating that I checked Adorama and they received a few. Just placed my order

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:44 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RX100 M2

Looks like mine will arrive by end of day Monday!

Jul 18, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Sgt93
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RX100 M2

I suppose I didn't make the cut. I verified they were in stock with Adorama staff and ordered immediately afterwards. Several hours later, the page was changed to show not in stock and projected to July 24th (later changed to July 26th) and the following day I received a backorder notification. A little ticked at their operation but I will leave my order for now. I also have email notifications for several places set. I'm headed out Aug 1st on vacation and hope to have on in hands by then. We will see.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RX100 M2

It's in stock here, but I'm still undecided about it. Loved the original one and the mkII offers some fantastic updates. The tiltable LCD is a big positive for me.
Some people report that the new sensor sacrifices base ISO performance for better high ISO. I'm curious to know if this is true.

Jul 21, 2013 at 02:09 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · RX100 M2

It arrived today! I had pre-ordered the day it was announced. I'm surprised at how much smaller it is than the RX1. I love the fact that the EVF for the RX1 fits and works great on the RX100 M2. So here are the first pics of and with the RX100 M2. I used the RX2 to take the shots of the new camera. Can't wait to put it through a workout. The last shot is wide open (f/1.8). All images SOOC

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:37 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · RX100 M2

Damn, I'm jealous. I really really want this little bad boy. Hopefully I can convince the wife sometime this year. Since I never or rarely ever take out my camera gear with me on any vacations, I'll tell her this is a good compromise

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:07 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · RX100 M2

I can congratulate you in this, Bob, and I do! But if people think that what you post is representative of the results they will get...:-)
Meet Bob, the man who can make any camera look great!

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:40 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · RX100 M2

Philippe - you are way too kind but it's appreciated. But one shot does not make a camera (or photographer) great. I will need to put this through it's paces for sure but I'm betting this to be a great companion to the RX1 which I absolutely love!

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:48 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · RX100 M2

I just wonder if there are enough cases when you would "get the shot" with the RX-100 when you wouldn't have -and a better one- with the RX-1. Sort of "how many ways do you want to split the cake?". I have now taken my NEX everywhere for the last year and then some, and I can't see why I'd carry anything smaller unless it's better.

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:52 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · RX100 M2

I'm not sure yet that I can answer that question. The RX1 is a wonderful machine but it lives at 35mm. The RX100 M2, however, has a zoom lens. So, just from that aspect, I expect to get some shots with that I can't get effectively with the RX1. Of course, I still have my Canon/Zeiss ZE set but as technology improves, I am quickly coming to a day where that big heavy gear will go as well, perhaps, as soon as Sony announces a NEX-FF.

I really don't know what direction I'm going in. I recently sold off all my m4/3 gear to buy these two sonys. Sony seems to have it's mojo right now . . . more so than Cannon, Nikon and even Fuji IMHO. For now, it's time to play and learn about the RX100 M2 capabilities.

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:01 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · RX100 M2

How's the shutter lag of the RX100 M2? let's say compared to a entry level DSLR with kit lens?

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:19 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · RX100 M2

Congrats Bob!
The great thing about the RX100 (I and II) is that you can carry it with you on those days you can't or don't feel like taking a camera bag with you.

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · RX100 M2

boingyman wrote:
How's the shutter lag of the RX100 M2? let's say compared to a entry level DSLR with kit lens?

If it's like the original RX100 (and I think it is) shutter lag is absolutely no issue at all. It's a very snappy responsive camera.

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Sgt93
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · RX100 M2

In stock at Crutchfield, just ordered. Let's try this again

Again, not affiliated, just trying to help everyone get one!

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:52 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · RX100 M2

Cross post from the RX100 thread, here's some random shots on my way home from work with the RX100 M2

© Bob Israel 2013

© Bob Israel 2013

© Bob Israel 2013

Jul 22, 2013 at 09:12 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · RX100 M2

Thought I recognised the bokeh and focus fade on the 'product shots', lol. Hope you like the latest RX.

Jul 22, 2013 at 09:44 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · RX100 M2

Sgt93 wrote:
I suppose I didn't make the cut. I verified they were in stock with Adorama staff and ordered immediately afterwards. Several hours later, the page was changed to show not in stock and projected to July 24th (later changed to July 26th) and the following day I received a backorder notification. A little ticked at their operation but I will leave my order for now. I also have email notifications for several places set. I'm headed out Aug 1st on vacation and hope to have on in hands by then. We will see.

Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am that you were inconvenienced by this; I agree with you 100% that it would be great if we could show immediate stock updates and apologize for any disappointment that this has caused
Unfortunately this happens when an item is unexpectedly popular and the orders we receive outpace our website's inventory update system.

When there is a greater demand for an item than anticipated, and we are already low on inventory and then receive several orders within just a few minutes via the various portals such as BizRate, Amazon and buy.com, plus via our own website, the 'phones and in store, it isn't immediately obvious to our stock-keeping system which customer is going to be disappointed. This is compounded because we do not ever make a charge until an item has actually shipped.

The best solution with hard-to-get / highly sought after items, is to call an order in to the sales team, rather than to check stock with CS and then order online.

All that being said, unless there are supply chain shortages about which the manufacturers have not kept us up-to-date, it is unusual for out-of-stock items not to appear back into our inventory within 10 days of a customer placing a back-order.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Jul 23, 2013 at 03:39 AM
Sgt93
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · RX100 M2

Helen Oster wrote:
Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am that you were inconvenienced by this; I agree with you 100% that it would be great if we could show immediate stock updates and apologize for any disappointment that this has caused
Unfortunately this happens when an item is unexpectedly popular and the orders we receive outpace our website's inventory update system.

When there is a greater demand for an item than anticipated, and we are already low on inventory and then receive several orders within just a few minutes via the various portals such as BizRate, Amazon and buy.com, plus
...Show more

Hello Helen, thanks for the response, but you really didn't need to respond. I have bought from you all several times in the past and will again. I just need this camera before I head out on vacation in a few days so the first in stock business wins this time

As far as in-stock software, they are some great programs out there that are updated as soon as an item is purchased, scanned in upon arrival etc.

I purchased immediately online like the CS suggested after verifying they were in stock. If he had told me to call him immediately as he was reserving one, I would have.

Again, no worries and thanks for the response. I will be back again.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · RX100 M2

Anyone know the secret to connecting the M2 to an iPhone? I know I have to do this manually since the iPhone doesn't support NFC. I point the iPhone to the SSID of the camera and enter the password (case sensitive) provided by the camera. I only get a spinning 'connecting' message that never seems to connect. So then I thought it might be because I was trying to upload a raw file. However, I got the same with jpeg.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing? Of course, there's no M2 manual yet.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.