Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [i...

jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

If it doesn't work this time, I'll probably just saw my balls off. Andy King had so many amazing shots I may as well have posted a whole set by him, but oh well.

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:13 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

Start sawing dude!

haha j/k this stuff is pretty awesome!

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:22 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

I got the Jclay asian blues from this one!
real good

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:34 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

I love this set!

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:36 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

nice set! great moments and processing is great.

my only critique would be the stacked chairs. I like it but i wish the stacks were higher to fill the frame to make an interesting backdrop. #20 is the good one out of the chair set.

good job!

Jul 18, 2013 at 09:01 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

jeremy_clay wrote:
http://www.jclayphoto.com/v1site_images/galleries/gallery355/019.jpg

http://www.jclayphoto.com/v1site_images/galleries/gallery355/020.jpg

http://www.jclayphoto.com/v1site_images/galleries/gallery355/021.jpg

http://www.jclayphoto.com/v1site_images/galleries/gallery355/021b.jpg

To me these 4 pics show how great lighting/composition can trump a not so great/ideal location!!! What light modifer did you use for the bridal party shot... looks pretty big

Jul 18, 2013 at 09:16 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

derbarrett wrote:
To me these 4 pics show how great lighting/composition can trump a not so great/ideal location!!! What light modifer did you use for the bridal party shot... looks pretty big

Cheers everyone for the comments and such. derbarrett, my fav of all of the chair shots is the last which I think is Andy's - it's just a real unique comp. and definitely makes the shot!

For that group shot, it's a 45" shoot through umbrella box (white brolly with black back). The VW shot is bare bulb for max spread/reflective quality off the cars

Jul 18, 2013 at 09:44 PM
MRomine
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

Strong set of images! Love 11 & 16!

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pette87
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

love your OCF work...really well mastered.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

I really see two completely different sets within this set.

On one hand, I love 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 20, 28, 30. They super classy and authentic. These photos are completely timeless.

On the other hand, images like 14, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25 come off as really cheesey, contrived, forced, overly lit, and oddly processed. I especially dont understand the inclusion of #23 with the distortion on their legs.

I also think you should drop the first image (or drop 1R). They look like completely different people and 1L makes 1R look really bad.

Not sure if 2 is a double exposure or a reflection, but there is nothing really happening there. And the double exposure is odd in a 6th Sense kind of way in #4...lose the mom/daughter in mirror on her arm and that would be a nice image.

Jul 19, 2013 at 04:55 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

canerino wrote:
I really see two completely different sets within this set.

On one hand, I love 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 20, 28, 30. They super classy and authentic. These photos are completely timeless.

On the other hand, images like 14, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25 come off as really cheesey, contrived, forced, overly lit, and oddly processed. I especially dont understand the inclusion of #23 with the distortion on their legs.

I also think you should drop the first image (or drop 1R). They look like completely different people and 1L makes 1R look really bad.

Not sure
...Show more

Cheers for the thoughts sir! <3

Jul 19, 2013 at 05:06 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

I really like the high key look of the getting ready stuff, but I think a few of them border on overexposure to me... Here's some where I see it:

I agree with Chuck that they look like two different sets, but I kind of like that personally. I just think it shows two different levels of skill which is cool. I think your light and processing on the formals looks really excellent. The only thing I'd say is that it seems to me that when you start lighting, your composition gets compromised a bit. Two examples would be the following photos:

This photo has 24-70-itis... aka that weird off angle distortion. I think it's the not quite rule of 3rds and that line that comes in from the top left that makes in non-linear and throws me off. This photo would be better if the people were on the left of the frame and we actually got to see the front of the car on the right. That would balance the frame and give less dead space:

And I like the light and everything on this, but the distortion and cut off feet bother me for sure:

I think shots like #25 are really the best of both worlds in you work. Something where your skill in light and processing mixes with a solid composition that is more evident in the PJ stuff.

Jul 19, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

J Clay is back in the house.
fine - fine shooting.
Like to 2 different feel. Mainly because it is you ... your style.
Agree with tony on cut feet.

Nice set ... some nice coverage of a wedding.

FM is a better place with J-Clay in the mix.

-Mark

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:44 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

Ziffl3 wrote:
J Clay is back in the house.
fine - fine shooting.
Like to 2 different feel. Mainly because it is you ... your style.
Agree with tony on cut feet.

Nice set ... some nice coverage of a wedding.

FM is a better place with J-Clay in the mix.

-Mark

<3 <3 homies

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:23 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

Its good to see a Clay set on here, and the level of feedback from Tony and Chuck is single-handedly raising the bar up in this hizzy.

I've enjoyed looking and reading.

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · jclay + andy king, like the good ol days - Wedding Set [images]

It really changes the whole dynamic of the forum from static to more of a community feel when you get this level of feedback on photos. Really nice to see, I think everyone is benefiting here.

Jul 21, 2013 at 08:22 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password