Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My first wedding here

czak

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My first wedding here

Hi!
This is my first wedding here, so please don't be nice
Any C&C is very welcome, especially on the framing, poses and post process.

Shot with 5d MII + C 24-70 (one or two with Pentax K-5 and Sigma 70-200).

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My first wedding here

Looks pretty good to me!

Welcome!

If I were to add my 2 cents, the first shot would be stronger if there wasn't that huge middle tree trunk dominating the frame. Also maybe cropping out the 2nd largest on the left as well. If you could have adjusted so the frame included only the less prominent tree trunks it would have complemented the small couple in the frame better.

Also a bit more headroom on 7 would be nice, they seem too tight in the frame because their faces are close to the edge.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My first wedding here

beautifully done! I see lots of FM inspiration in these.
The lighting all around looks really really nice.
also the drinking games are a riot

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
czak

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My first wedding here

Thank you!

Stevez32: I've got a frame without the middle tree, but I decided to go with this one, I think it's a little stronger

Hardlyboring: Yup, can't hide it. I visted lots of different forums, but this one has so much talent in one place that it's unbelievable. You, Chuck, Tony, Alan, Ari and so many more give a huge inspiration to small photogs like me in all over the world. Thank you for that .

This was also my first wedding with Full Frame equipment (rented a 5d just for the night), and I'm loving it. So much that I decided to switch my Pentax gear to Canon 6d's and some primes, I hope it will give a little boost in quality to my photos .

Jul 18, 2013 at 01:43 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My first wedding here

great coverage! definitely captured the energy in this.

get primes! I love it.

Jul 18, 2013 at 04:08 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My first wedding here

I would edit #20 to remove the forehead veins. 7 is awesome. First ones she seems especially squinty, though that is part due to the client herself I think. I don't find the lying in grass shot very flattering for her.

Jul 18, 2013 at 04:24 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My first wedding here

Really nice for a first wedding! The laying-down portraits strike me as an odd perspective--especially #4 where they're basically popping their heads above the grass.

The rest of it looks like pretty solid coverage. I feel like 30 is a bit redundant as 29 basically tells that story for blogging/set purposes. #1 is nice, but I agree with steve that the tree cutting through the middle of the frame is a bit distracting.

But nice job overall!

Jul 18, 2013 at 05:37 PM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My first wedding here

Very nice work! as a newbie here myself, can you tell me how you lit the reception? did you use off-camera flash with on-camera for fill? or just on camera?

Jul 18, 2013 at 06:41 PM
czak

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My first wedding here

abadass: thx!

mbpautz762: it was just a on camera flash

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My first wedding here

You do a really good job of getting and capturing good expressions. You must be fun to be around. Everything looks pretty clean to me. I will say that your portraits look a little more high end than your other coverage. The other stuff is a bit less expensive looking, but that might just be this particular event.

The two images that stand out the most to me on the negative side are these.

This one I think you should eliminate from the blog set. There's nothing interesting happening here:
http://imageshack.us/a/img836/3418/uthq.jpg

This looks like a great shot ruined by a purse. But why did you let a purse stop you?? Just go get the shot!
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/4672/yz4n.jpg

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:51 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My first wedding here

I see two things that you did very well in this set:

1) there is a lot of energy coming off of the images. images like 2, 6, 12, 17, 19, 20 and the reception shots seem to have a lot of movement. this creates a very dynamic set!

2) you did a great job of setting the scene for this wedding. there is a lot of context included in many of your images! images 1, 3, 9, 10, 12, 13, 17 really demonstrate this point.

Moving forward, I think a few things could be improved:

1) you seem to have a keen eye for interesting documentary images. for example, 9. but the people need to be doing something more interesting for it to work for me. trust me, i know how frustrating that can be because its really out of your hands. but maybe in that case, you decide not to include it?

2) same for 17. great comp and i love the inclusion of the lady's expression, but get in there! as tony mentioned, go get the shot!

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:47 PM
czak

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My first wedding here

Tony: thank you for your opinion!

I really tried to pass the lady, but it was impossible

And it's an envelope with a money gift for the couple which she gave them right after (their names are written on it), so we can take it as a story building element Although I've got a shot were the envelope is less obtrusive: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9978/d5xe.jpg

And I'm wondering why the portraits look higher end to you than the rest of the coverage?

EDIT: thanks Chuck!

Couldn't agree more with you. Sometimes I've got a pretty good frame and I wait... and wait and wait and nothing interesting is going on, damn! How do you manage to get so many great moments, expressions in great frames? How do you position yourselft to get those captures?

Jul 21, 2013 at 01:53 PM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My first wedding here

Hello and welcome my fellow-countryman here on FM. Not many of us here

Agreed on what has been said- cool set, I like colours and pp, looks like they feel comfortable having you around and a great expressions are a result of it. Good job.

Pozdrawiam- z jakich okolic jesteś?

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM
czak

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My first wedding here

Hi! Didn't expect any of us here so it's a great suprise !

Jestem z Olsztyna i tutaj tez prowadze swoja dzalalnosc .

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:16 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.