Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Photoshop Lite?

Jonathan Smith

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop Lite?

I use a Macbook Pro i7 2 Ghz with 16gb of Memory. I run a lot of programs at the same time because I'm usually editing and uploading weddings to a server. (Right now I have open: Safari, Fetch-FTP, Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, & Lightroom 4, just to name a few) The issue I'm running into is not slow down/beach ball its every once and a while I will need to resize/adjust something just for the web to sell what ever. I had to open photoshop and it took 5-7 minutes to load up just the program. I wish adobe would come out with a lite version (no layers) so I could just resize an image, an do minor adjustments non destructive with Auto boot up within the iOS. I know Mac has preview but that is a total Pain (have you ever tried closing down a program if an image is opened in preview?)

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:30 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop Lite?

Do you have an SSD?

EBH

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Neddie Seagoon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop Lite?

Um, you can resize an image with Lightroom. Print out a jpeg to the desired resolution and desired dimensions and Bob's your uncle. Photo resized. In fact you can use the web module to do the resize and layout all at once.

First thing I thought when you said Photoshop lite; Isn't that what Lightroom is supposed to be?

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jonathan Smith

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photoshop Lite?

no, no ssd. I just want the ability to take a photo from my iPhone and be able to resize it for the web without having to have photoshop load or load it into lightroom.

Jul 19, 2013 at 02:36 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photoshop Lite?

If I understand correctly, you are looking for an quick way to re-size images

Virtually every photo program has a bulk processor --- usually under FILE

Images can be made smaller or larger, although larger will lose IQ if pushed.

All you have to do is create two folders --- ie, SOURCE and OUTPUT

Copy the pics you want to re-size into SOURCE, set the size specs you want and specify your finished product go to OUTPUT.

Even if your computer is a little slow this should be very quick unless you add a lot of images to the SOURCE folder, but be sure to clear out the preprocessed (SOURCE) pics or it will grow with time,

Hope that helps.

Jul 21, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photoshop Lite?

Jonathan Smith wrote:
I run a lot of programs at the same time because I'm usually editing and uploading weddings to a server. (Right now I have open: Safari, Fetch-FTP, Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, & Lightroom 4, just to name a few)

Its not a good idea to run many programs with Photoshop unless you machine has unlimited resources.

I wish adobe would come out with a lite version (no layers) so I could just resize an image, an do minor adjustments non destructive with Auto boot up within the iOS.

Do not know what you mean by Auto boot up within the iOS. I don't have a Mac and only run iOS on my iPOD Photoshop does not run on an iPod. However the rest " wish adobe would come out with a lite version (no layers) so I could just resize an image, an do minor adjustments non destructive" sound like you describing Lightroom but then I have no need of LR and don't use it so I could be wrong.

Jul 21, 2013 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password