Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

Jimfoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

I'm in a Pro-100 vs. Pro-10 quandary.

I've just thrown my last Epson in the trash, a pigment ink R1880. I'm tired of banding from clogged heads and an going to a Canon printer.

P-100 = Cheaper to buy, dye inks for less clogging
P-10 = Pigment inks for longevity and cheaper ink

I've got a ton of Epson paper I'd like to use, mostly luster and a bit of gloss. It should work with the p-10 but will it work with the P-100? Will the P-10 nozzles clog that much more than the P-100? Either should be better than the Epson, correct?

It kills me that I just missed the P-10 sale, which ended in November.....

I should probably buy the P-100 for $89 and watch the price of the 10 but the $200 worth of paper and print longevity is a factor.

Dec 28, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Ken_K
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

I've got a P-100 and had the same problem - left over Epson paper. It works perfectly with this printer. As far as nozzle clogging, I haven't had it long enough to tell but reports I've read on various web sites say that clogging isn't a major issue. One guy reported 6 mos. between prints and no clogs. That would never happen with an Epson.

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:14 PM
ppmax

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

I just received my new Pro-100 and also have a ton of Epson Lustre and Epson Enhanced Matte (with profiles for the Epson Photo 2200).

What profiles do you use when printing to Epson paper?

thx
PP

Apr 11, 2014 at 02:03 AM
PennsyBill
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

The way I read the ads was that the printer comes with a set of "introductory container's" which sounds like they aren't the larger ink tanks that cost $100+ per set - for those of you who bought the 100 how big were ink container's you received?

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jrhoffman75
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

No difference in first and subsequent cartridges as far as I could see.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM
rdcny
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

same size...and the printer is frugal with ink...have you seen the third party inks and chip re-setter?

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:37 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon Pixma Pro-100

Ken_K wrote:
I've got a P-100 and had the same problem - left over Epson paper. It works perfectly with this printer. As far as nozzle clogging, I haven't had it long enough to tell but reports I've read on various web sites say that clogging isn't a major issue. One guy reported 6 mos. between prints and no clogs. That would never happen with an Epson.

My Epson R3000 just sat all winter without being used. Indoor relative humidity as low as 5%. When it's 10 below zero, warming the air dries it out badly. I fired it up 2 weeks ago and had one very minor clog. Once cleaning cycle and it's good as new. Granted, my R800 would have been bone dry if it were still living. A friend has Epson's R3880 and he lets it sit for a month at a time with no problems.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:46 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password