Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · X-Pro1 RAW development

gurtch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-Pro1 RAW development

I am new to this camera. I have the 35mm and 14mm lenses. In CS6 (latest ACR down loaded), there are no lens corrections for this camera or lenses. I have read that the Fuji lens profiles built into the camera firmware will make automatic corrections if shooting JPGs, but I prefer RAW. What is everyone using? I tried the supplied Silky Pix, but it is not obvious to me if it automatically fixes lens faults.
Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ

Jul 17, 2013 at 07:29 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-Pro1 RAW development

I use the supplied SilkPix just to convert from RAW to TIFF.
All the settings are all minimized or off.
I also use dcraw and Capture One Pro in this manner.
I've been trying the free version of LightZone, though, I see it uses an older version of dcraw.
I tend not to use ACR on RAWs from FujiFilm X-E1.
Supposedly Iridient Developer for the Mac is the best, if there was a PC version, you can be sure I would have it.

Jul 17, 2013 at 07:37 PM
gurtch
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-Pro1 RAW development

buggz2k wrote:
I use the supplied SilkPix just to convert from RAW to TIFF.
All the settings are all minimized or off.
I also use dcraw and Capture One Pro in this manner.
I've been trying the free version of LightZone, though, I see it uses an older version of dcraw.
I tend not to use ACR on RAWs from FujiFilm X-E1.
Supposedly Iridient Developer for the Mac is the best, if there was a PC version, you can be sure I would have it.

Thanks for your input.
Dave

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:50 PM
Waki
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-Pro1 RAW development

I compared capture one, Iridient Develper, Lightroom/ACR and Silkypix. I Bought Iridient. It just produces the best files for my Xpro1. Works very well with my RAW files from my old and dated X100 too. I spoke to Brian of Iridient about my issues with my D800 files not being as good and after loading the correct camera profile, its excellent with my D800.
If you have a Mac to use, it's $75 well spent.

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:02 PM
apsphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-Pro1 RAW development

Dave, answered over at the Luminous Landscape.

Alan

Jul 20, 2013 at 04:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-Pro1 RAW development

Iridient Developer simply uses Apples raw engine, like with Aperture, to support X-Trans. You'll get better detail than with ACR, although you do weird green/purple artifacts and speckle-y dots in some areas from time to time.

Jul 20, 2013 at 05:12 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-Pro1 RAW development

douglasf13 wrote:
Iridient Developer simply uses Apples raw engine, like with Aperture, to support X-Trans. You'll get better detail than with ACR, although you do weird green/purple artifacts and speckle-y dots in some areas from time to time.

This.

I don't quite get the draw of Iridient over Aperture, but I haven't spent any time really digging into Iridient. For me, Aperture has by far the best workflow of any system for shooting/organizing/de-mosaicing of any similar system-- except for C1 Pro when shooting tethered (MFDB).

As far as I'm concerned, Apple RAW is leaps and bounds better than anything else out there for XTrans at this point-- and that includes the in-camera JPG engine, which is quite good. For most shooting, the SOOC jpg and Adobe RAW funkiness isn't a big issue, but it's a bigger issue than the high-contrast speckles Apple RAW produces.

Aperture for 90% w/ NIK plugins for the remaining specific situations, particularly B&W and area adjustments of exposure/contrast (which is, frankly, brilliant in NIK... I wish Aperture did this without needing a plugin and kept the RAW alive) is a great combo.

Jul 20, 2013 at 09:19 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-Pro1 RAW development

douglasf13 wrote:

Actually, it doesn't. You can use it if you want, but from version 2.1.1 there's a new demosaicing algorithm that reportedly works very well:

http://www.fujirumors.com/iridient-developer-2-1-1-new-native-x-trans-support-iridient-2-1-vs-acr-thevisualexperience/

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · X-Pro1 RAW development

^^^ That's pretty interesting. Would love to see an Iridient "native" vs. Iridient Apple RAW on the same file.

Maybe if I have a chance....

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · X-Pro1 RAW development

xbarcelo wrote:
Actually, it doesn't. You can use it if you want, but from version 2.1.1 there's a new demosaicing algorithm that reportedly works very well:

http://www.fujirumors.com/iridient-developer-2-1-1-new-native-x-trans-support-iridient-2-1-vs-acr-thevisualexperience/

Thanks for the update.

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password