Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Photo sharing/hosting

jjlphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo sharing/hosting

I typically post a Photoshop web gallery on my website via FTP software, and my clients view it in their office on their web browser. They call me with their order, and I deliver the full rez version. Works well as the volume of photos uploaded is extremely small and it results in no additional bandwidth fees from my web host site.

I've a new high volume client that I'm trying to find a solution for. If I simply give them CD's or DVD's with all the full rez jpegs, they will not know what to do as they have no photo browser software, or editing software. Basically a web browser is it.

Over the course of the next few months, I will be shooting hundreds of images for them to browse and download. Should I set up some sort of free Flikr or Photobucket site? Can it be set up so only that client can browse and download photos?

I never have never set up a photo sharing site before, so I am very ignorant of how these things work.

Jul 17, 2013 at 04:58 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo sharing/hosting

you can set smugmug (and i assume most of the others) to only give access to a gallery via a password .

there are different levels of membership so you may want to look at what each offers so you dont pay for features you dont need (or make sure you have the ones you do need)

also (and this is a feature ive come to love) if you use Ligtroom , there is a plugin that allows you to set up collections that then publish straight to Smug . works a charm .

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password