Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2013 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

yaner

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Congrats to all of you, great works.

Yan

Jul 17, 2013 at 01:24 AM
jingjing

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Congratulations all

Jul 17, 2013 at 02:02 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Congratulations guys. Well done.
Harsha

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:08 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Fm has a bunch of great photographers. This is just confirmation. Great job everybody. Jim

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:26 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

JimFox wrote:
Hey Tex,

Yeah... man that Tarn Reeds shot is so amazing! Love the colors, the tones, simply amazing! It is really jaw dropping good and worthy of those awards. The only one that I thought that should have gotten as many awards as that one of yours was the Joshua Tree shot that Tuan added on here. Sadly, it didn't even get a single award, though I can't understand why it didn't.

Jim

+100. I am no expert, but that Joshua Tree photo looks quite exceptional. I love the composition - the rock, the tree and the star formations give it a very special look. And Tex, that reed shot truly is unique, if you check back here, do you mind sharing exposure info, and also (maybe an odd question) the height at which this was taken? (Not exact measurements, but were you low to the ground, at eye level or did you have your tripod extended to shoot higher?) Thank you!

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:50 AM
panamapreacher
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Really cool stuff. Thanks for sharing

Jul 17, 2013 at 02:19 PM
TexSchneider
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

JimFox wrote:
Hey Tex,

Yeah... man that Tarn Reeds shot is so amazing! Love the colors, the tones, simply amazing! It is really jaw dropping good and worthy of those awards. The only one that I thought that should have gotten as many awards as that one of yours was the Joshua Tree shot that Tuan added on here. Sadly, it didn't even get a single award, though I can't understand why it didn't.

Jim

Jim:

I agree. Tuan's Joshua Tree NP/ Milky Way image is just stunning. It does make you wonder how the judging process works. I've been invited to an awards ceremony that they are having one night next week. Afterwards, the Judges are going to do a walk around and I think discuss the judging process a bit. There might be a bit of Q&A as well. I'm going to make sure I attend. Should be interesting.

Tex

Jul 17, 2013 at 05:45 PM
TexSchneider
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

+100. I am no expert, but that Joshua Tree photo looks quite exceptional. I love the composition - the rock, the tree and the star formations give it a very special look. And Tex, that reed shot truly is unique, if you check back here, do you mind sharing exposure info, and also (maybe an odd question) the height at which this was taken? (Not exact measurements, but were you low to the ground, at eye level or did you have your tripod extended to shoot higher?) Thank you!

Sharona:

I spent some quality time running around this area. I know I tried various heights with the tripod, but I was using my 70-200mm for this image and the focal length is at 147mm. So, I am assuming at that FL I had the tripod at eye level? Hope that helps.

Tex

Jul 17, 2013 at 05:55 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

TexSchneider wrote:
Jim:

I agree. Tuan's Joshua Tree NP/ Milky Way image is just stunning. It does make you wonder how the judging process works. I've been invited to an awards ceremony that they are having one night next week. Afterwards, the Judges are going to do a walk around and I think discuss the judging process a bit. There might be a bit of Q&A as well. I'm going to make sure I attend. Should be interesting.

Tex

Hey Tex,

Yeah I was planning on attending that Judges walk thru also. I think Tuan will be there also, not sure about Greg or Teri.

We can all go out afterwards and get strawberry shortcake with the person who got the most awards buying...

Jim

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:12 PM
allstarimaging
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Those ribbons aren't awards. This is an award!!!

Congratulations on those shots and I'm sure they looked great printed.

Jack

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:13 PM
TexSchneider
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

allstarimaging wrote:
Those ribbons aren't awards. This is an award!!!

Congratulations on those shots and I'm sure they looked great printed.

Jack

Jack:

That is a "Major Award".

And it is FRA-GEE-LAY as well !! (fragile)

Tex

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:50 PM
TexSchneider
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Hey Tex,

Yeah I was planning on attending that Judges walk thru also. I think Tuan will be there also, not sure about Greg or Teri.

We can all go out afterwards and get strawberry shortcake with the person who got the most awards buying...

Jim

Jim:

It would be nice to meet everyone!!

Wait.....this sounds like a set up??

Tex

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

gregfountain wrote:
Thanks everyone and especially you Jim! I knew my "Smart Dog" shot would be popular, but I wasn't expecting 1st place Needless to say; I'm happily surprised! My wife and I are heading over this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing Jim's, Tuan's and Teri's work in person. Congrats to both of you!

Greg

Here's my shot for a better view. Feel free to move as I know it's not a landscape Although, it may please Jim to see this was shot with a Nikon!

I AM WONDERING WHAT THIS "SMART DOG" IS READING SO SERIOUSLY!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL WINNERS!

Kee

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:28 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

JimFox wrote:
Hey Tex,

Jim

I plan on being there Thursday night for the ceremony, and would love to tag along with the judges as well. So I guess once the awards are announced, we'll know who to look for!

Greg

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:44 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

rhee wrote:
I AM WONDERING WHAT THIS "SMART DOG" IS READING SO SERIOUSLY!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL WINNERS!

Kee

Hi Kee, he's reading the dictionary!

Jul 17, 2013 at 09:47 PM
RKnecht
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Congrats guys! Well deserved honors on some great images.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

TexSchneider wrote:

Sharona:

I spent some quality time running around this area. I know I
...Show more

Thanks Tex! It does help. Was this a long exposure? It reminds me of a Monet painting!

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
TexSchneider
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Sharona:

No, this is not a long exposure. I do seem to remember there were small intermittent gusts of breeze or wind that I needed to wait out. Or use!

Tex

Jul 18, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Thanks again for the reply!

Jul 18, 2013 at 09:49 PM
Desert Rat
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · OC Fair Award Winners (Updated with Awards)

Of my two submissions to the OC Fair this shot was rejected.

Space shuttle move through streets of LA.
http://www.pbase.com/image/147829515/large.jpg

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.