Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cameras for street photography

Gonzo4Hire

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Cameras for street photography

First post so please bear with me...

I am a hobby shooter. I am only a couple of years into photography. I got very lucky early on and ended up with a 5DMII and a 7D at very good prices, so I became a "Canon" guy by default. As my interests have developed, I find I primarily enjoy travel photography, which has morphed into a strong interest in street photography. I travel quite a bit for work and I'm finding that it is not practical to lug the big camera with me when I fly for short work trips and they don't seem to lend themselves to street photography. So, I've decided to cut back to one DSLR body and replace the 7D (via trade or sell/buy) with a smaller rangefinder to use for travel and street photography. My experience with rangefinders is very limited, where limited = zero. In doing some research, it seems like the Fuji X100s would be a great choice, but I have discovered that finding one is near impossible. Given that I have no real experience to draw on and no prejudices for/against other systems, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or input for travel/street photography cameras that would keep me in the $1000 - $1300 price range.
Thanks in advance,
Gonzo

Jul 15, 2013 at 02:38 AM
Wobble
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Cameras for street photography

Welcome to FM. Go ahead and order it from B&H or Adorama and have them ship it when it comes in stock.

Or, buy it now Link

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Gonzo4Hire

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Cameras for street photography

Wobble wrote:
Welcome to FM. Go ahead and order it from B&H or Adorama and have them ship it when it comes in stock.

Or, buy it now Link

Thanks Wobble. I have contacted the seller you linked me to. Just what I was looking for.
Gonzo

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Cameras for street photography

The Fuji is a great little camera, although expensive for street photography. Street shooting is about speed and stealth. The Olympus E-P3, now selling for around $300, covers both bases....and has interchangeable lenses. I have owned a couple of non- interchangeable lens/cameras and I always found them extremely limiting.

Here is one man's shoot out:

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2011/08/01/street-photography-showdown-leica-m9-p-vs-olympus-ep3-vs-fuji-x100/

Jul 15, 2013 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password